Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys.. as of right now I'm in a middle of doing a fully built all motor k20/k24.. Originally I was going to put this in my dc5 that has no motor but as I read and talk to more people I'm gaining interest in swapping the fully built motor in my 99coupe and just swapping my extra k20a2 laying around on the side in my dc5 (i bought the dc5 with a blown motor )..

So what do you guys think of this? The only thing holding me back is the fact that it'll take longer for me to do this because of the cost of all the misc parts i need to get to put in my coupe.. now how much does it normally run on the parts for a kswap in an ek? What do I need and what can I save from the car? There's tons of parts and I've read but I don't want to spend on something brand new if i can use parts I already have.. any input would be much appreciated! :up:

·
Registered
21,788 Posts
I would do this spread out over some time man. To fully build a K20/24 can cost around 5000-20000 so it depends what your trying to do.

if your patient you can do it cheaper as things pop up for sale. the best way to do it is through the classified on here. to get the swap running ( axles, rad, mounts, wiring, ecu, subframe maybe, exhaust/header, shifter box n cables) plan on spending anywhere from 2000-5000 on this stuff. if your patient and shop smart, you can have a k swapped eg/ek/dc2 for around 7-8000 now I think. prices have really come down.

So for a fully built all motor k20/24 to swap into a eg/ek/dc2, i'd have atleast 12,000 for a patient and cheap, but done ok, build. I think 12,000 is the minimum.

I hope I was helpful man. good luck with your decision and build/rebuild.

-Colin:up:

·
Banned
16,396 Posts
I would do this spread out over some time man. To fully build a K20/24 can cost around 5000-20000 so it depends what your trying to do.

if your patient you can do it cheaper as things pop up for sale. the best way to do it is through the classified on here. to get the swap running ( axles, rad, mounts, wiring, ecu, subframe maybe, exhaust/header, shifter box n cables) plan on spending anywhere from 2000-5000 on this stuff. if your patient and shop smart, you can have a k swapped eg/ek/dc2 for around 7-8000 now I think. prices have really come down.

So for a fully built all motor k20/24 to swap into a eg/ek/dc2, i'd have atleast 12,000 for a patient and cheap, but done ok, build. I think 12,000 is the minimum.

I hope I was helpful man. good luck with your decision and build/rebuild.

-Colin:up:
i sooooooooooo agreee

·
Registered
269 Posts
theres a thread around here that says how much ppl have spent so far. but yeah basically about 7-10k. the WTB section really helped me out. got some good deals on there.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
thanks guys! well the thing was I'm almost done with the built k20/k24 i only need a couple of things for that now.. I was going to put that in my dc5 and have the civic as a daily which isn't bad.. but like i said i'm getting the urge to just make the dc5 as a nice daily with a stock k20a2 and make the lighter chassis civic a weekend beast/track car w/ the fully built k20/k24..

by the way here's a picture of my 99 coupe w/ a b16

what do u think about a k20/k24 in there?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts