Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Punishin' Bitches
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan this summer to do a k swap in my EG hatch. Im probably not going to be working and all my friends are going to be out of school to help me. Basically this is going to be my top priority minus my summer classes i will be taking. Do you think i could get this swap and running with in a week? Also when you guys got everything wired in, all the harness's connect, did it crank up for you first time up?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I would like to hear from non PNP harness users also....how long did you self wirers take? I'm going solo on the wiring due just because I like wiring and would never pay for something I can easily do myself. Just wondering how long you self wirers took to wire the car up.

·
Registered
348 Posts
it took me a week to do my swap..had most of the parts already but endded up buying more..took a week because i had to work and only worked on it a few hours a night because of work..... i used a pnp harness but strated right up! id pay 200 dollars rather then take a couple of days to try and figur it out...but after gettin the harness it dosnt look that hard to wire up...

·
Punishin' Bitches
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Word, im not savy enought to try to tackle a wiring harness with my little brain. LOL Thats why i choose to get the PNP harness when the time comes. Im also hoping with in the next 6 months there will be a 'keep stock cupholders with shift box' answer.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Using it for R&D...I hope its not "lets all get together, act like we have a business, and do our first engine swap" R&D. There's alot of those "shops" around. 2 years later you have no car. I actually am getting this guys MR2 with a JDM backcut. They cut the harness in japan and this guys car has been sitting at this shop for almost two years because of it. There are alot of jokers out there that do a single cam vtec swap or a couple B swaps, and all of sudden think thier experts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
how hard is it for ppl doing a swap for the first time.....im a pretty smart young guy....lack alot of tools though....would it be smart for me to get my k24a2 swap done at a shop..or should i take ont he challenge :wink: ?? what kind of tools are needed for this swap?

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
jdmzeal18 said:
how hard is it for ppl doing a swap for the first time.....im a pretty smart young guy....lack alot of tools though....would it be smart for me to get my k24a2 swap done at a shop..or should i take ont he challenge :wink: ?? what kind of tools are needed for this swap?
As long as you have a semi-mechanical background, you should be ok, its' just going to longer. Take your time, buy the right tools. Its simple... :lol:

·
Registered
537 Posts
RC000E said:
Using it for R&D...I hope its not "lets all get together, act like we have a business, and do our first engine swap" R&D. There's alot of those "shops" around. 2 years later you have no car. I actually am getting this guys MR2 with a JDM backcut. They cut the harness in japan and this guys car has been sitting at this shop for almost two years because of it. There are alot of jokers out there that do a single cam vtec swap or a couple B swaps, and all of sudden think thier experts.
Nah...Legit biz all the way. PFI out of Fort Collins in Co. is doing everything for us and so far so good. Yeah its taken awhile but after the race season was over we really arent in any hurry.

Hell once it finally leaves the shop it goes right back into another for paint. :D

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
josh green said:
once I get all my parts in, me and few couple friends are going to try to get the car running in 2 days. Could it be done?
I think its possible but you better make sure you have every little thing. no need to rush either. You always run into a problem. not that you will, it just happens.

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
It might end up running but chances are you are going to need more time.

Katman, one for the people that really contributed a lot to the b series movement and scene, told me after he finished his K swap..

It's rediculous how many little small custom modifications need to be done for this swap, at least for a clean setup
That is so true.

·
Registered
929 Posts
yup... road race car... no difference than when i had put my motor in my car.
Actually if this is your first one... Id say should take about 2-3 days no problems overlooked.

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
supafly said:
yup... road race car... no difference than when i had put my motor in my car.
Come on man... more messy when you are doing a race car you don;t have to worry about heaters, cupholders, dash, etc.... You get what I am saying?

example

Swap done in 3-4 days

Unless you have a nascar crew and 10 people doing everything... We are talking 8 hours per day IMO.... Again it depends

Road race car done in 1 days by K series experts like supafly

Give it a rest man!!! :p

·
My other car is a S2000
185 Posts
By right, my swap would have taken one week. However, due to budgeting done by my wife, I was buying parts as needed. Due to budget constraints, the swap would've/should've taken a bit over a month.

Then shop delays pushed work on the car another month (due to weather and overlap of other shop projects). This was understandable due to my slow "gathering" of parts from the previous month.

Now well into the third month, I am waiting on HASPORT to send out the correct driver's side axle to get my car done. This delay will be 3 weeks long as of this Friday.

My estimate for the next K-swap will be about 1 month with all the parts bought before the start of the project. 1-2 days to do the swap. 3-4 weeks for HASPORT to fill an order correctly (but then again, that's my experience). Ultimately the swap should take only 1-2 days if you order your parts and accessories needed for the swap from Hybrid-Racing.

I've reiterated this many times, and some may think that this is unfair criticism for the vendor (seeing that they don't manfacture their own axles but stamp their name on it), however, what more or less can I say? As of yesterday, they STILL don't have shipment of axles. :roll:

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
Took me 5 months to the T !

Started late August 20 '04 finished it last weekend Jan 20 '05.

Took a while due to having little things customized - brackets, powedercoating and anodizing jobs, pnp harness, hasport mounts to be released, just waiting on people to get things done mostly. One big time eater was waiting on Dan's Rcrew header. That ish took a whiiiiiiiiiile to come in. Then, it had to be modified which took some more time.

Definitely worth the wait tho!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.