Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well I am trying to finish gathering everything for my k series swap in my eg and just need a tranny. Just wondering will my car be significantly slower if I have a 5 speed? Can a 5 speed be converted to a 6? The thing is I have a spare 5 speed for my turbo k series crx and wanted to use it if I could thanks for the help

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
Ok well I am trying to finish gathering everything for my k series swap in my eg and just need a tranny. Just wondering will my car be significantly slower if I have a 5 speed? Can a 5 speed be converted to a 6? The thing is I have a spare 5 speed for my turbo k series crx and wanted to use it if I could thanks for the help
Put the 5spd in and be done with it.... The gearing on a 5spd is better for turbo.
Yes a 5spd can be converted to 6spd..

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I know a 5 speed is better for turbo. I want to know for a stock k20 z1 all motor. Its going to go in my dd not my race car

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
Yes I know a 5 speed is better for turbo. I want to know for a stock k20 z1 all motor. Its going to go in my dd not my race car
Either or.. It doesn't matter which car it is going on.. You just wont be shifting so soon. The car will not be significantly slower. MPG will suffer a little bit since the Ep3 has a higher Final.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Either or.. It doesn't matter which car it is going on.. You just wont be shifting so soon. The car will not be significantly slower. MPG will suffer a little bit since the Ep3 has a higher Final.
ok what parts do i buy or is there a conversion kit to converted to 6 speed? is there a thread on how to go about swapping the stuff?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts