Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i live in seattle, and it just recently started gettng really cold, but a local shop that is really good has a tuning special and my car has not been tuned in forever an needs one bad. im planning on getting it tuned tomorrow but after this month i wont be able to drive it for a month or 2. will the tune still be good?!

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
A proper tune doesn't go bad. It should be good in all conditions. The only time a tune should be off should be if you change your setup.

So if done properly, your tune should still be good. However is it worth tuning now if you won't drive it for a while?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
kommon has a good point, since you wont be driving it for a month or 2 ask urself the question. however, i guess it really depends on the discount and how much the total tune is compared to the discounted one. to me, if its under 100 bucks discount its not worth it to tune now and leave it. since u wont be driving it, u can save the money for holiday shopping and buying me stuff since im writing this awesome post for ya. :p

i havent seen a tune go bad... see how much the discount is, compare to regular price and go from there.

tunes go bad when new mods are added, significant mods... ie from stock to all bolt ons, etc.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
right on thanks guys. and yeah the shop that is doing the deal has an amazing tuneer and im probably going to save like 400 bucks. lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts