Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to see how long everyones tyres last untill you need a new set? (on the front obviously lol)

For me onw,

I went through 4 different sets of Toyo T1R's last year,
They were all been eaten on the inside though, Got my Toe sorted and i changed to Goodyear eagle f1's they have been on the car maybe 4-5 months.
They are wearing evenly but need to be replaced now.

Is this usual??
I dont track my car but i do drive it on sometimes hard into roundabouts or corners but not all the time,

My size is 195/50/15 car was dynoed a 206whp on a kpro basemap.

·
F1 Junky
2,017 Posts
If the insides were worn away then it's definately a camber problem. Invest in some camber kits and get a good alignment.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
did you get an alignment? toe is wut eats up your tires. camber doesnt do it as bad. im running -2.5 camber in the front and my tires arent even worn out. been driving hard and crap for a long time. the tires you buy have fast wearing tread. if you want longer lasting tires you give up the sticky-ness of the tires. try getting something thats 360+ rating.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Very seldom will camber cause the tires to wear unevenly, that is a result of toe issues. I have over 2 degrees of camber and the tires wear as evenly as if they had absolutely no camber.

·
Registered
457 Posts
pretty sure camber DOES wear tires. just not as much as toe would.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I have 3 degrees of camber with 20k miles on my tires. No unusual wear.

Camber does wear tires but not as dramatic as you think.
i know. thats wy i said not as much as toe would. since your previous statement said that camber DOES NOT wear, and now you say it does. so, just getting it straight.

·
Registered
18 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.