Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is how I did it on the ek swap I am currently doing.Before,I have used the hasport adaptor,and I have even built a similar adaptor from copper plumbing pipe...but decided to try this out.

Couldnt find any 3/8" male to 1/8 female adaptors at any of the four places I tried,so I used a 3/8" male to 1/4" female..than a 1/4" male to 1/8" female.Still about an inch shorter than the factory piece it replaces.The threads are standard pipe threads,so everything went together with no problem.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Good work man, I end up using 1 adapter for the temp sensor. But as long as it work thats the goal.

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
fearless_dsm said:
This is how I did it on the ek swap I am currently doing.Before,I have used the hasport adaptor,and I have even built a similar adaptor from copper plumbing pipe...but decided to try this out.
Without using the Hasport adapter, where are you mounting the thermoswitch? Just curious...

·
F1 Junky
2,017 Posts
Hey Fearless, where'd you go to find the adapters?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
drhonda said:
If you use an rsx radiator isn't the thermoswitch in it?
Yes, and just an FYI: The D/B series thermo switch will also work in an RSX radiator.

Right now i have the temp sensor mounted in the Hasport adapter and the thermo switch mounted on the radiator. Both are from a D series.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Picked them up from a parts store(Pepboys).Tried home depot and lowes,but could find anything small enough or the right thread pitch.

Cost about $5 for both fittings.

This car is using the stock ek radiator for now.I am trying something now for the thermoswitch.If it works,I'll post up pics.

·
F1 Junky
2,017 Posts
I've seen the pics of the temp sensor, but where does the fan switch mount?

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
oic the thermo switch is for the gauge reading.

EAR-991203ERL
RUS-661570
AER-FBM2138

Those double pepboys fittings dosent seem like water will touch it. Summit parts.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Plenty of fluid gets to the temp sensor.I have tested it on the swap I just finished.Works perfectly.

I wouldve went with the summit fitting,but didnt know part number,and did not have time to wait for shipping.

BTW man..you (or whoever took the pics) cut down that fitting.The blue fitting is exactly the same height as the pepboys lower fitting.The added height is from the 2nd fitting.

Thanks for the part number though man.I should be getting a mass quantity of those in stock sometime soon.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
So where is it in this Pic?

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
It's a coolant port but where is the sensor?

I will have to look at mine when I get home tonight...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts