Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

141 - 160 of 195 Posts

·
trial user
12,673 Posts
The first post states "How do you stop a thief?"
Answer : Make shiny objects look ordinary. The first part of a thief that steals is his eyes. An eye that is tuned towards the shiny and desirable. Johnny says "Oh, I am getting a 5lug conversion and an RHD JDM clip!!" Well little Johnny has just elected to put a "Steal this desirable Item" billboard that broadcasts a steal this car alert to Mr. Ng Trevor and Paco. Already Johnny is outnumbered 3 to 1 and worst yet, is UNAWARE of what he just did. Sleep it and keep it or try to outlast the broadcast. The choice is yours. You want my carbon fiber tip? PAINT IT!! Spoon it and you'll be forked buddy - consider yourself lucky that you didn't get knifed as well.

·
Registered
274 Posts
2 batterys in car 1 for car itself other for alarm
kill switches(many)
locking hood pins with key (so they cant undo the alarm or even start the car)
remove coil/spark plug wire #1
disconnect battery ground(quick release plug)
quick release
remove the ecu
and disconnect all automatic buttons and internal door locks with 4dr rear handles in the front only way they can get in is by breaking the window but at that point there not getting away with anything :up:

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
You can always hook up something to your horn where you have to press it while starting it. I dont think any theif is going to think of pressing your horn in the middle of the night to see if it what makes your car start.

·
Registered
4,294,967,294 Posts
You can always hook up something to your horn where you have to press it while starting it. I dont think any theif is going to think of pressing your horn in the middle of the night to see if it what makes your car start.
:up:

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Lol..so you'll have to honk your horn everytime you start your car? Sounds like Rasputia from Norbit. You can just hire her as your car's personal security gaurd.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Lol..so you'll have to honk your horn everytime you start your car? Sounds like Rasputia from Norbit. You can just hire her as your car's personal security gaurd.
You would have to disconnect the actual horn itself that way it wouldnt honk. I have my nitrous hooked up through my horn button so wiring your ignition wouldnt be to hard.

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
Now that is one of the best ideas I've heard in a long time. and its kind of hilarious too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Become a theif and youll know how they do it etc. Best advice is if they want it bad enough they will take it. Everything is only a deterant designed to slow them down.

Layer the securety, with wheel locks like the city impund tow uses. Gps wired fone etc.

That will work well but you need to go anal in hiding it.

I have gps on my cars i removed the dash and related crap and welded a box to the firewall to hold thing. I reinstaled everything back in with added braceing with either welds or different bolts or security bolts nuts etc esp. odd sizes 5.5mm or custom bolts and sockets. etc

Best thing to do to prevent them from finding your car is to title the tag and your drivers lis to say a po box or a friends house other family member house.

That way if they try to track the car down by vin or tag it goes nowhere.

But again its only a deterant only to slow then down.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
if I hit his hand the round will take the entire arm off....

.223 Vmax, 450 Bushmaster, 458 SOCOM, 5.56mm

141 - 160 of 195 Posts