Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How Do You Stop A Thieft?????

I GOT LUCKY WITH MY WHEN THE THEIFTS STOLE MY CAR. ALL THEY TOOK WAS THE RIMS AND THE SHIFT KNOB.

how does everyone in here stop a thief from taking your precious baby from them?

1. alarm?-please, how offen do we ignored those anoying beep and honk.
2. the CLUB- cut out in 5 second- too easy
3. garage?-the best and the easiest. get in and get out without a trace.
4. lojack?- thought to be best, but has it flaw. if they are pro's, the motor and interiors should be out in about 3 hours with three thiefts. that's including taking the car.
5. i have no ideas. BUT no matter what a person have, if they want it, they will take it one way or another.
6. ACCORDING TO MOST NATIONAL STATISTIC. AUTOMOTIVE THIEFED USUALLY OCCURED AROUND THE PERIOD OF 3 A.M TO 4 A.M. THIS IS WHEN POLICE ACTIVITY IS AT GREATEST DECLINE....

REMEMBER, YOUR WORST EMEMY IS """"THE TOW TRUCK""".....
i am doing a k20a2 soon, and i want security for the car..

WHAT IS THE BEST SECURITY????????

TELL ME??????
WHAT IS YOUR BEST METHOD, WAY, OR FUNCTION?

THIS IS NOT MY CAR, BUT IT'S A COOL EXAMPLE OF WHAT SHOULD YOUR KID LOOK LIKE WHEN IT IS RECOVERED/

·
Registered
492 Posts
First off, buy a damn shotgun. Unfortunatly there is nothing you can really do about a tow truck, except two wheel boots, on FR and BL or FL and BR. If you don't have a kill switch, I reccomend you get one! Thats what saved my car, suckers got the car 300 feet jacked the radio and sunglasses and were gone. Too bad they got blood in the car, the jackass cut his finger on the ignition panel, bled like a stuck pig. Anyways back to the security, if it is a "beginner theif" say one who steals only radios, a Viper alarm system with two battery backup sirens. One inside your fender area, and the other inside your car in the rear plastic quarter panel. Best things I can think of now.

- Dan

·
Registered
254 Posts
When I bought my car, I had lojack installed at the dealer. I have a hidden fuel pump cut off switch. Unless you know where it is, you are not starting my car. I also have razor blades around the back of my radio for anyone that tries to get at the bolt that holds it in the back. ....I also have a class 3 firearms permit.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
59 Posts
my alarm pages me and i have a couple kill switches and a NRG quick release w/ lock.

im still paranoid :(

·
Registered
599 Posts
Drill a hole in your front rotor, and put a padlock through it whenever you stop. It'll stop everyone but a persistent tow truck driver.

brian g

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Hmm that seems pretty good. Would even be hard to get some cutters in there. prob. is , if they don't notice it in there, you might end up replacing half brake system. Butttt, you'd still have your car.

·
Registered
80 Posts
the best thing is a quick release and a decent alarm but if they want it they're going to take it. The more difficult it looks from outside your window the better chance they're going to pass on it.

The autolock blows too. I know a guy that can get that think off in under 30seconds. Fuking thieves.... just get a good knife and sneek behind them as they're attempting to steal your sh!t and puncture a lung. :up:

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
suprfast said:
In reality, you cant stop a thief. If they want it bad enough, they will take it.
Thank You...

You can only slow them down :(

That padlock on the rotor trick wouldn't effect braking at all?

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts
sorry I just had to laugh. :rolleyes: :silly:

personally I know a few people who jack cars, I could careless. Most of them know my car and so they know to stay away. Because if everyone knows you they won't jack your shit..Whatever they do is their own business I just tell them just don't get caught..

besides, I chain my car to the power line post.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I had a car broken into (not my rsx) right before Xmas, all they took was the stereo. whoever did it was a real dumbass; it was like 20° that night, the stereo was a cheap off-brand that didn't even work right, they left a Stanley brand screwdriver behind, AND they lost their own car key which I later found under my seat! fuggin cops took my info over the phone but never showed up to investigate.

I looked up the code on the key, it is to an EG Civic or CRX. anyone want to look around my neighborhood and score a free car for their next swap project? :wink:

·
Registered
599 Posts
bossman032 said:
personally I know a few people who jack cars, I could careless. Most of them know my car and so they know to stay away. Because if everyone knows you they won't jack your shit..Whatever they do is their own business I just tell them just don't get caught.
I met some people who I found out did that too. I turned them in to a local task force. I still laugh when I think about them getting busted. Ah, good times.

brian g

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
brian g said:
I met some people who I found out did that too. I turned them in to a local task force. I still laugh when I think about them getting busted. Ah, good times.

brian g

damn right....you are true humanatarian. thiefts should go to jail and get butt rape. but the fact is, once they're caught, just make bail and be on the street the next night...reality justice system suck...

·
Registered
420 Posts
a friend of mine got his stereo jackes more than once, so he made a little Cave man thaft device thant includes some glass and razor blades, to make this short, tha last stereo he got stoles, was probably the last for that particular crook...

·
rhd k20 jetta :)
994 Posts
bossman032 said:
personally I know a few people who jack cars, I could careless. Most of them know my car and so they know to stay away. Because if everyone knows you they won't jack your shit..Whatever they do is their own business I just tell them just don't get caught..

me too but even tho i havn't driven my car in a year poeple still come around my house checkin my shit out.. good thing it has no motor.. they also stole my freinds carbon hood from right under his house on mornin, he lives a couple houses away from me :/ his car is in his shop now gettin a better swap.. idk wanna know wats gonna be goin on when we both get our cars on the road again.. i hope i have it longer than a month..

oh and you cant stop a thief.... the ones i know use a jdm ecu to steal k series

1 - 20 of 195 Posts