Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember seeing a thread on someone blocking it off but I can't seem to find it. I'm getting ITBs soon for my k24a2 head and I was just wondering how people block the coolant port off? Trying to do it with the motor still in the car so simplicity would be the best!

·
Registered
693 Posts
ok first off you need to get the itb's then put them on so you can see how much room you have because when i tapped my coolant port i thought it would look better to usa stainlees steel braided lines and fittings which i did and it looks great but when i put on my type s intake manifold it allmost hit the fitting that came out of the head, then when i put on the throttle body the butterfly or whatever you call the part that the cable wraps around hit my fitting that came out of my head so with itb's you should have more clearance than i did just make sure before you permantley do something, to tap it is simple i think the size is 3/8npt just put some grease on the tap so what few shavings you have will be caught in it and you will only get like 3 threads becasue the material your tapping into is not that thick and make sure you tap the port to the left not the one to the right because that is allready blocked off from honda and then you just connect it to the top of your thermostat housing any question just call me at 540-295-1724 and i might have some pics laying around that might help you if you need them.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts

When I did my Z3 head, I drilled and tapped the hole off-center of the existing hole in the head to get the fitting away from the mani. If you need more room, then a weld-on bung would be the best choice with a tight 90 degree fitting.

You CAN NOT eliminate this line or the motor will quickly overheat every time!

·
Registered
18,977 Posts
1st off great idea...looks sick!!!

have you had issues with the other whole remaining open, should I tap and plug it?

Thanks
Rich

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
that looks really clean! nice and flush:up:

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
1st off great idea...looks sick!!!

have you had issues with the other whole remaining open, should I tap and plug it?

Thanks
Rich
Thnx

The other hole is for the EGR, I just used the blank-off plate for the Z3, part #1 here and leave it as is... https://www.hondapartsdeals.com/honda_parts_list.php?hp_queried_components=0&hp_series_id=3001&hp_series_model=CIVIC&hp_series_year=2007&hp_series_door_ext_grade=2DR+SI+SUMMER+TIRE&hp_series_transmission=6MT&hp_series_slsareacd=KA&hp_system=A&hp_component=E++1501

·
Registered
316 Posts

When I did my Z3 head, I drilled and tapped the hole off-center of the existing hole in the head to get the fitting away from the mani. If you need more room, then a weld-on bung would be the best choice with a tight 90 degree fitting.

You CAN NOT eliminate this line or the motor will quickly overheat every time!
niceeee i like i like it allot

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Can someone confirm that these are the correct sized parts?
Im just unfamiliar if 3/8" is the correct size to tap the port the same as the pics above, and also whether its the correct sized barb so that the hose will be able to connect to the thermostat housing and the barb.
It's also possible to go with a –6 Female to 3/8" Barb instead of a -8 Female to 1/2" Barb.

Please fill me in with the most appropriate sizes as i'm almost ready to order a heap of fittings from anplumbing.com

Earl's Straight Male AN -8 to 3/8" NPT
Part #: 981608ERL

Earl's 90° -8 Female to 1/2" Barb
Part #: 709109ERL

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I used a 3/8"npt to AN-10, and then a 90degree -10 to 7/16" I believe.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts