Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

problem: Cant start my car with the key (em2 [02 civic ex] with k20a ecu)

I got everything done and i took my car to the honda and then acura dealership so that they could reflash or whatever they could do to the key so that it works with the k20a... both dealerships could not help me.

i know someone got to be on the road there, driving with the k20A in their em2... please help.. will like changing the fuil/ignition system help? anything?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i was told to ground the fuel pump relay, is this an efficient way to resolve this issue?

I also searched a bunch of threads in regards weather the jdm k20a has the immobilizer or not... a lot of people say yes and a lot of people say no, Could someone ppllleeeaaasseeee give me a straight answer, not a guess....

thanks!

·
Registered
644 Posts
They said that grounding the fuel signal to the main relay will work with JDM ecu's only. Does anyone know how to do this?

·
Registered
644 Posts
back from the dead! Still no info on this?? I am sure the gurus in the forum can help.

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
the JDM ecu has no immobilizer, all you have to do is carefully take pin # 10 and swap it to pin #1 on the E-plug which is for the fuel pump. jdm ecu runs from pin E1, that should let you start the car without a problem.

if you have not cleared the immobilizer then there really is no way unless it finds the proper key, some dealerships can do it, most will be assholes about it. i think the best route is getting a hondata reflash and have them remove it but thats $400. or dishing out the $ and going kpro ;P

·
Registered
31 Posts
chameleon said:
the JDM ecu has no immobilizer, all you have to do is carefully take pin # 10 and swap it to pin #1 on the E-plug which is for the fuel pump. jdm ecu runs from pin E1, that should let you start the car without a problem.

if you have not cleared the immobilizer then there really is no way unless it finds the proper key, some dealerships can do it, most will be assholes about it. i think the best route is getting a hondata reflash and have them remove it but thats $400. or dishing out the $ and going kpro ;P
i know about the reflash from hondata, but how much kpro?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.