Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been told by 2 people now their SiR hoods wont fit, im looking for people who have physically done this swap and closed their hoods totally normaly to chime in and give details.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ie what hood you used oem SiR, VIS USDM SiR style, VIS JDM or Fiber images, if you cut the webbing etc, the dipstick and oilcap seems like they might sit highest, input would be greatly appreciated. I have a VIS JDM hood.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
i would also like to know if the SIR Hood will fit over the K series... thinking about buying one but i dont wont to cut it all up... someone please reply...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ryan (droppedcrxsi got his to fit, u need to cut the webbing from under the SiR hood
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
I know Ryan you cut yours out but i dont i wont the full hood i know fiber images makes skinless hoods underneth but also i dont wont carbonfiber i wont some weight on the front end when i go turbo.... so far on the hood for me im fucked im to damn picky :p ...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ef8sirJunkie said:
I know Ryan you cut yours out but i dont i wont the full hood i know fiber images makes skinless hoods underneth but also i dont wont carbonfiber i wont some weight on the front end when i go turbo.... so far on the hood for me im fucked im to damn picky :p ...
The front end of the car will be heavy enought with the swap and the turbo kit..a cf hood isnt necessary but either way just cut the under portion
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Yea but i Dont wont a CF Hood and i Don't wont to cut a stock hood out im trying to find an alternative way thers gotta be a hood somewhere that will close completly... has anyone tryed the ZC Hood??? Cutting a SIR Hood will be my last resort if i cant find something thats works...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ef8sirJunkie said:
Yea but i Dont wont a CF Hood and i Don't wont to cut a stock hood out im trying to find an alternative way thers gotta be a hood somewhere that will close completly... has anyone tryed the ZC Hood??? Cutting a SIR Hood will be my last resort if i cant find something thats works...
you wont be finding another way, you need a hood thats raised, if u have a usdm front end u will need to either cut it or buy a CF hood made for a usdm car that is SiR style.........ZC hood has its bump on the opposite side anyways.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
Stock USDM hood fits with some modifications and ep3 idler pulley being used... I should have some pics soon...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jNYCe5 said:
Stock USDM hood fits with some modifications and ep3 idler pulley being used... I should have some pics soon...
I find that very hard to believe, if you look at swaps from the front and side angle it appears as though no hood with any dips whatsoever would fit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
why don't you just have someone or your self bend the hood. there is a crx on this website that has a stock hood that closes and it's turboed.All he did was made his own little bulge in the middle of the hood. It kind of reminds me of a mitsubishi eclipse hood. :up:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Possible solution. Buy the Tien hood props. They riase the back of the hood up and may allow a few inches to spare. look up any car on H-T that have them installed and you will see what I'm talking about
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top