1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Releasing in July 2009...

Taken from www.hondata.com

Hondata FlashPro

The FlashPro allows full user tuning and datalogging of late model performance Civics. It includes Windows based software called FlashProManager.

The FlashPro connects from your laptop's USB port to your vehicles diagnostic port to provide 90 second programming with a variety of calibrations with extensive real time and stored datalogging capabilities.

Supported vehicles

* 2006 + US Civic Si (RRB-A01 through RRB-A14)
* 2007 + European Civic Type R (RSP-E01 through RSP-E03)
* 2007 + Japanese Civic Type R (RRC-J01 through RRC-J04)

Price and availability

$795.00 in June 2009

Features

FlashPro features

* Programmable ECU interface.
* Connects via OBDII diagnostic port.
* USB 2.0 connection
* Works with Laptop or Desktop
* No ECU modification necessary.
* 90 second ECU programming time.
* 20 hours on board datalogging memory.
* FlashProManager Windows software.
* Check and clear diagnostic codes.
* Custom laptop gauges.
* Theft mitigation

2006+ Civic Si / Civic Type R tuning features

* Choice of AFM or MAP based tuning.
* Support for MAP based forced induction.
* Support for larger injectors.
* Ignition, fuel, cam angle table editing.
* VTEC window.
* Rev, launch and speed limiters.
* Race vehicle sensor disabling.
* Plus other compensation and trim tables.
* Map tracing

What do I need to run the software?

* Windows laptop or desktop
* Windows XP, Vista or 7
* USB 2.0 port
* CDROM Drive

I already have a reflash. Is there a discount?

Yes, for 3 months from the date of release a discount is offered to existing Civic Si reflash owners. In order to qualify for the discount, the ECU will need to be sent to Hondata where the the FlashPro is locked to your ECU.

The discount is $150 for existing Civic Si reflash owners which includes free overnight return shipping. (additional $50 value)

If you choose not to send in your ECU for a discount the FlashPro will still work perfectly for your car.

How does it compare to KPro?

KPro is a completely different product. It was created for the 02-04 RSX style ECU. It will only work on that type of ECU with the exact same Oki processor. Honda has changed the architecture of the ECU, including ECU architecture, processor and encapsulation, so that there is no way the KPro can be made to work on any other ECU.

K-Pro requires the ECU be sent to a Hondata for the installation of the K-Pro daughterboard. By comparison, new FlashPro owners need never remove the ECU from their car.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I don't know anything about the tunning issues you new civic guys are having but I briefly worked on a brand new 2dr SI running Kpro using dual ecu's. Not sure if this is known or what but this kid managed to get his hands on this setup some how.

·
Premium Member
18,976 Posts
I don't know anything about the tunning issues you new civic guys are having but I briefly worked on a brand new 2dr SI running Kpro using dual ecu's. Not sure if this is known or what but this kid managed to get his hands on this setup some how.
always an expensiv option....

still heard of many ghosts in the operation

this is truly the way to go

·
Registered
62 Posts
damn this is awesome news for us! especially the ones with a k24 block! hell chyeahh!! but does this mean we would have to get a reflash first and then purchasin flashpro? or could we go from a stock ecu straight to flashpro skippin the reflash process?

·
Registered
375 Posts
damn this is awesome news for us! especially the ones with a k24 block! hell chyeahh!! but does this mean we would have to get a reflash first and then purchasin flashpro? or could we go from a stock ecu straight to flashpro skippin the reflash process?
go straight flash pro no need for flash and the people that bought the stupid flash only get a discount of 150 dollars if you ask me its a total step down from kpro but I will hold of intill I see cobb access port my friend is part of the beta testing and so far I am impressed with cobb.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hondata Steps it up Again! Flashpro! - Advices

Hello !
In the begining I would like to say HELLO to everyone I'm new on this forum
and I would ask you for some advices concering FlasPRO and mods.
My car is FN2 TypeR 07 :

I have been trying set a new thread ,but I have restricted access:(
Don't know way?

My current mods :

Hondata Relash + GruppeM Intake + RRC Manifold + Hondata Heatshield Gasket + Toda Manifold + Milltek Exhaust + Quaife LSD + 18" Inovit Time Attack Rims + Yokohama PARADA Spec-2 Tires + Eibach Springs + Tarox 10-pot Callipers - 330mm F2000 Brake Discs with 401 Rallye Brake Pads + Clutchmasters FX400 Clutch + Clutchmasters Aluminium Flywheel + Greddy Spark Plugs

Actual power on the flywheel is 230HP

In July :

Hondata FlashPro ECU + Toda Camshafts Spec E + Toda 0,3mm Head Gasket + Valve Springs + RC 440cc Injectors

I would be happy with 252HP on the flywheel.

My question is concering injectors RC440cc would enough up to 280hp?
and Toda Camshafts Spec E. I would stay with N/A engine.
Is that a good choice? What do you think

Many thanks in advance for your advices guys.

Looking forward
Dawid S

P.S. Sorry for little offtopic:eek:

·
Banned
15,815 Posts
Re: Hondata Steps it up Again! Flashpro! - Advices

You are welcome. It takes 24 hours for your account to be able to post threads. You are ok now though.

RC 440cc would be enought but I would advise you to just modify your stock OEM injectors to flow 520cc.. really easy to do and save you money and time.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.