Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im purchasing my K20a2 soon, but its a US spec , i recently read on the hondata website that the immobi can not be removed on the US pcm, now i know the jdm ecu's dont have immbobi's, is there any other way to get around the US ecu to remove the immobi's. does anyone know TIA

·
Registered
414 Posts
The JDM ecu's (prc/prd) do have immobilizers,despite what anyone tells you or what you have read.It is just easier to bypass than the u.s. spec.
You cannot bypass the prb(type s) immobilizer.You have to have the ecu flashed to match the transponder,by a dealership.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i understand that you have to hook up the HDS to the vehicle, but if you have a race car that just has a race harness, it doesnt have a DLC connector so how do i get by the immobilizer if i want to put this in my crx race car? So i have a k20a2 in my crx how will it start with the immobilizer? you cant just hook up the HDS to the pcm you need a DLC connecter to get by the Key codes. TIA

·
Registered
414 Posts
If you have a race car,Id hope you werent using a stock ecu.
The K series engine to ecu harness closesly resembles a standalone engine management/race car harness.
No matter the chassis it is going into or the wiring,the prb ecu will still look for the matching key.
Either use a prc ecu,a K-pro'd stock ecu or get the prb ecu flashed to match the key.No other way around it.
And if there were a way to get passed the type s immobilizer easily,it would not be posted up on this site.You would see an increase in rsx parts for sale.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.