Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well heres the situation... i had my rsx for 6 months running stock pretty much.. so now i go and order the ecu and kpro from hondata... basically i had them supply the ecu AND kpro so i could still daily drive my car without sending my ecu in... now here is the situation..

i get the unit in and plug it in... car starts but is running on high idol and check engine light comes on.. i log in using the kpro manager and stuff and its throwing the code primary heater malfunction... no biggie i get a new sensor and plug it in.. still nothing.. so i look at my sensors while the car is running and so forth... my lambda is stuck at 11.48 and if you look at the voltage of the primary o2 sensor its at zero... so then i plug my stock ecu back in and car runs perfectly fine no check engine lights and so forth.. take the car to the acura dealer cause my friend works there and they check everything and car is perfect... so i then tell my friend to plug in the hondata ecu and check it again... and through diagnostic come to find out the ecu is bad and not sending a voltage to the o2 sensor... he said when the stock ecu is plugged in its sending a 12 volt out from the ecu to the o2 sensor.. with the hondata ecu its for some reason only sending 4.1 volts... just to let you know it is a prb ecu for the type s and yes i loaded the right calibration.. i called hondata today and talk about giving me a hard time... they gave me the hardest time imaginable.. i told them how do i screw up unplugging the stock ecu and put in the new one... they kept saying i must have wired something wrong...basically putting the blame all on me..then i explain when i put my stock one back in it works perfectly fine.. i cant even datalog properly cause i aint getting any o2 sensor reading... so i took one of my friends hondata and tried his.. works perfectly fine on my car.. i explain the whole situation to hondata.. no modifications on my car except a head unit.. and they still insist its my fault.... then finally after 30 minutes of bashing each other he tells me send the unit in and put a detailed letter in from the day i got it to now and the situation of the ecu with a full contact... imma do that first thing in the morning but is there someone i should forward it too in particular.. cause after he explains to send it in he hangs up... dang i didnt spend $1500 just to get shafted on a hondata ecu that dont work properly... i mean it would be nice to at least get some decent help...

WHAT SHOULD I DO GUYS??

·
Registered
62 Posts
I understand that it sounds nice and easy being a plug and play system, but it still amazes me how many people buy this thing when they could have a real programmable ECU for less or maybe the same amount when you take into account the addition of an engine harness.

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EFIOZ said:
I understand that it sounds nice and easy being a plug and play system, but it still amazes me how many people buy this thing when they could have a real programmable ECU for less or maybe the same amount when you take into account the addition of an engine harness.
would be nice if you specified what your talking about... but i assume u talk about the AEM EMS??

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
Sorry about your trouble. Sometimes, ECUs go bad. It would not suprise me if the same person who was giving you a hard time, was the same one is this case...

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2604

They did replace the ECU in the end on another thread

Thing I don't understand is.. since this has happened a few times, why does that person on the phone acts like it is impossible?

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i don t get it either.. maybe its the same person or not.. but i posted this same thing on clubrsx.com and got more responses.. i actually got a guy name javier from hondata post on the thread saying to call him. and it looks like the guy who helped me from hondata with the monotone voice posted on there too.... but i called javier and he had life in his voice.. i was like wow someone with some personality... lol... anyways he ran through the steps again with me just to make sure and said pack it up and ship it directly to him and put ATTN:JAVIER on the box.. if anyone else has problems i recommend you ask for him when you call... but we will see what happens when he calls me back.. hopefully i dont eat those words back

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yea so both wired speed lab and hondata sqrewed me over this time i turboed my rsx type s 04 as well and one they said i didnt put in the paper work in the box when i sent it out which i did. Then they didnt send my ecu to me today becasue they said the shop didnt give them my money how the hell is that my fault!?!? so i got pissed cuz i have no car! But no Hondata is god it wasnt there fault and both a lady named sandra and some guy gave me a hard time and the first 2 times i called they said they dint have my ecu and they had just miss placed it in a diffrent room the lazy lady finally got up and looked for it and found it. I thought i was lazy at work those people make me look the best employee in the world

·
Registered
59 Posts
they wont answer there phone or email me back! NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM WIRED SPEED LAB I REPEAT NEVER BUY ANYTIHNG FROM THEm THEY ARE HORRIBLE! they cuased me a million of problems

·
Registered
59 Posts
And believe in one of my emails i told them i will sue and yes thats wat im doing i'm talking to my lawyers later today

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
WcRsx2 said:
And believe in one of my emails i told them i will sue and yes thats wat im doing i'm talking to my lawyers later today
To make the long story short, an ex partner bailed out, leaving Kyle alone... (the sole owner so he has been refunding people slowly...) Even if the money is gone, he is going to refund it to you.

Just email him and see what his reply is.... or post here.....

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1304096

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
xproductionz said:
i don t get it either.. maybe its the same person or not.. but i posted this same thing on clubrsx.com and got more responses.. i actually got a guy name javier from hondata post on the thread saying to call him. and it looks like the guy who helped me from hondata with the monotone voice posted on there too.... but i called javier and he had life in his voice.. i was like wow someone with some personality... lol... anyways he ran through the steps again with me just to make sure and said pack it up and ship it directly to him and put ATTN:JAVIER on the box.. if anyone else has problems i recommend you ask for him when you call... but we will see what happens when he calls me back.. hopefully i dont eat those words back
From my experience dealing with the techs at Hondata i'd definitely say Javier is the one to go to. The one guy i dealt with in the tech department (Matt?) was extremely short with me when i called for some insight into the problem.

Anyways, this matt guy told me to pack it up for testing and send it ATTN: Javier also. I overnighted it to them and the next day around 3pm or so i get a call from Javier about the status of the ECU and that he was overnighting it back to me. :up:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Man, and I was thinking about getting the Kpro for my ep3 in a few days, now I read this and I am kind of skeptical about doing it. If that's the type of customer service Hondata gives, then screw them! I have a friend who works for Jet Performance and told me they could reflash my ecu without going to have any problems (check engine light, rough idle, etc.) guaranteed!

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ep3er said:
Man, and I was thinking about getting the Kpro for my ep3 in a few days, now I read this and I am kind of skeptical about doing it. If that's the type of customer service Hondata gives, then screw them! I have a friend who works for Jet Performance and told me they could reflash my ecu without going to have any problems (check engine light, rough idle, etc.) guaranteed!
i would say just get your hondata.. but if you have to call tech then just ask to talk to javier straight up....

as for my ecu problem javier called me the other day and said he found no problems with diagnostic so he said he wanted to hold it for 2 more days so he could test it in a rsx.. then he would call me from there

1 - 17 of 17 Posts