Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently hondata came out with the K100. You can read about it here

http://hondata.com/k100.html

Basically, K100 is something between the reflash and the K-pro.
<any people are afraid of tuning or don't have the time or resources to tune their own car. Many people would like an experienced tuner to do their work for them.

A reflash is tuned for modifications on the test car. AS we know no 2 cars are alike, so the k100 is a specialized short of reflash.

Derek from Hondata posted

The k100 was mainly designed to fill a gap in the market for the production of identical kits. eg a forced induction kit where the manufacturer can create a calibration and then install a k100 in each customers ECU. Also there was demand from dealers to create a lower cost upgrade where the customer did not need datalogging nor tuning ability. So the k100 is a product to fill a specific place in the market and will not be the best deal for everyone.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
70 Posts
nikos said:
Recently hondata came out with the K100. You can read about it here

http://hondata.com/k100.html

Basically, K100 is something between the reflash and the K-pro.
<any people are afraid of tuning or don't have the time or resources to tune their own car. Many people would like an experienced tuner to do their work for them.

A reflash is tuned for modifications on the test car. AS we know no 2 cars are alike, so the k100 is a specialized short of reflash.

Derek from Hondata posted

The k100 was mainly designed to fill a gap in the market for the production of identical kits. eg a forced induction kit where the manufacturer can create a calibration and then install a k100 in each customers ECU. Also there was demand from dealers to create a lower cost upgrade where the customer did not need datalogging nor tuning ability. So the k100 is a product to fill a specific place in the market and will not be the best deal for everyone.
Def. something for RSX/Ep3 owners only...I don't personally see a point in it, but for the "casual" modder I suppose it would work out. But I'll personally kick anyone who swaps a K20A then cheaps out on a K100.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
266 Posts
joestypes said:
nikos said:
Recently hondata came out with the K100. You can read about it here

http://hondata.com/k100.html

Basically, K100 is something between the reflash and the K-pro.
<any people are afraid of tuning or don't have the time or resources to tune their own car. Many people would like an experienced tuner to do their work for them.

A reflash is tuned for modifications on the test car. AS we know no 2 cars are alike, so the k100 is a specialized short of reflash.

Derek from Hondata posted

The k100 was mainly designed to fill a gap in the market for the production of identical kits. eg a forced induction kit where the manufacturer can create a calibration and then install a k100 in each customers ECU. Also there was demand from dealers to create a lower cost upgrade where the customer did not need datalogging nor tuning ability. So the k100 is a product to fill a specific place in the market and will not be the best deal for everyone.
Def. something for RSX/Ep3 owners only...I don't personally see a point in it, but for the "casual" modder I suppose it would work out. But I'll personally kick anyone who swaps a K20A then cheaps out on a K100.
I wouldnt blame anyone if they got the k100. With the k100 you have the option to add kpro later, So if you just want to get your car running get the k100 and add kpro later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,371 Posts
Professor15 said:
joestypes said:
nikos said:
Recently hondata came out with the K100. You can read about it here

http://hondata.com/k100.html

Basically, K100 is something between the reflash and the K-pro.
<any people are afraid of tuning or don't have the time or resources to tune their own car. Many people would like an experienced tuner to do their work for them.

A reflash is tuned for modifications on the test car. AS we know no 2 cars are alike, so the k100 is a specialized short of reflash.

Derek from Hondata posted

The k100 was mainly designed to fill a gap in the market for the production of identical kits. eg a forced induction kit where the manufacturer can create a calibration and then install a k100 in each customers ECU. Also there was demand from dealers to create a lower cost upgrade where the customer did not need datalogging nor tuning ability. So the k100 is a product to fill a specific place in the market and will not be the best deal for everyone.
Def. something for RSX/Ep3 owners only...I don't personally see a point in it, but for the "casual" modder I suppose it would work out. But I'll personally kick anyone who swaps a K20A then cheaps out on a K100.
I wouldnt blame anyone if they got the k100. With the k100 you have the option to add kpro later, So if you just want to get your car running get the k100 and add kpro later.

True
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Im going to sound like a dumbas saying this, even though it already has been answered. Should i get the k100 even though i have a jdm type R ecu? Im running with a k20a2 type S swap in my eg. I have no expirience tuning and i duno anyone in MD who would tune it for me.
best route?
thanks guys
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
So, is it a bad idea that I am getting the k100? I was going to purchase the reflash but the dealer (from hondata's website, does that mean they're any good? name: Autowerks in Madison Heights, MI) recommended k100 for the tunability b/c I'm not knowledgable about that stuff and don't have a windows based laptop (MACS RULE). They said they could tune to my various modifications and then retune to any additions I make which would be great if they are any good. I'm just waiting for the phone call that the part is in so I can set up a time to install. Please give some feedback.
thanks,
flop
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
Flopmeister69 said:
So, is it a bad idea that I am getting the k100? I was going to purchase the reflash but the dealer (from hondata's website, does that mean they're any good? name: Autowerks in Madison Heights, MI) recommended k100 for the tunability b/c I'm not knowledgable about that stuff and don't have a windows based laptop (MACS RULE). They said they could tune to my various modifications and then retune to any additions I make which would be great if they are any good. I'm just waiting for the phone call that the part is in so I can set up a time to install. Please give some feedback.
thanks,
flop
The K100 tune will be better than the reflash, for several reasons, for the same price. I think it's a very good option for people that don't plan to tune themselves. I have a K-pro and find it to be invaluable, it does so much more than editing ECU tables.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My opinion is to get the K pro.. Buy a $150 laptop on ebay... ibm 600 e pII 400mhz and this way even though you can get it tuned by the tuner etc... you always will have the option to get more into it and learn about what the heck is going on with all the ignition maps and fuel maps everyone is talking about...

I do understand that you just want the car to run and all but datalogging is a gift given to us, why not use it?

The k100 is for the consumer that will never get involved in the process of tuning but at the same time wants the flexiblity of the flash... basically he can keep adding mods and getting the car tuned to these mods that is fine.. You can always upgrade later to k pro for a lesser price
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
K100 exist here in quebec since months and months lol its not new here, it end up the same power , they only difference are between k100 and k-pro is k100 dosnt have maps that you can change or use yourself with your laptop, k100 you have to see your tuner everytime you want , but the thing is after the car is on the tune why try to change your map everytime dosnt make sense , look this guy from Montreal he the pro:

With D/C sport race header,Hondata intake gasket, cold air and k-100,you will be about 210 whp,and 155 tq
Come by the shop and i will show you plenty of 200 plus dyno charts!
thanx-Rob
PS-with those mods it would cost you about $2000.00

Latest k-20 bombs

Dara 02 type s with race header/cold air(injen)/k-pro
208 hp and 153 tq @ the wheels

Mathiew 03 type s with cold air/K-pro
194 hp and 143 [email protected] the wheels
Who will be next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
OFFICIAL DISTRIBUTOR AND TUNER OF
HONDATA

APPROVED GARAGE OF THE APA

(514)595-5394
All went great Wednesday at Technika dyno,With Doug from Hondata showing off his tuning skills,Doug tuned 5 k-series motors back to back.From 10:00-6:30,the dyno was going full out.Pull after pull,untill all were satisfied.Here are some of the results:Tommy K20a3 rev hard turbo-10psi---250 hp
Pierre K20a2/cams/cold air/dc race header/exhaust--209 hp and 153 tq
Erol K20a2/cold air---199 hp
Paul K20/toda headers/Hondata gasket/3 inch exhaust/cold air--230 hp and 160 tq.
Pierre K24/a2 head/Wiseco pistons/exhaust/cold air---229 hp 170 tq

All results are to the wheels,so the potential of the k-series is very evident.Only the motor setup of Pierre(k-24) had after market components in it.The rest were bolt ons,with K-100 or K-pro.

Thanx to Doug, and thanx to Louis and Norm from Technika dyno,for the amazing day.
Also to Paul,Pierre,Erol,Tommy,and Pierre.
The dyno charts will be available shortly,on the Laminar web site.
thanx-From the Laminar team---(www.autolaminar.com)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Thanks everyone for the replies. It's nice to hear back from people that shows you all care.
B18c5turbo, I have a dc sports short ram intake, borla catback, hondata gasket, ground wires, bosch +4s, mugen thermo (I know, I heard they weren't good). I'm not ready for a header. I still hafta drive to work everyday and do like to listen to the radio. I'm also concerned about CAI b/c michigan weather sucks and snow packs the wheel wells right up to the tire in the winter.
Thanks again everyone
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
well, just got back from having the k100 installed. I can't really tell much difference. Yes the redline is higher but I have noticed that before I could hit 60mph in 2nd gear. Now it takes more rpms. go figure. It is pretty warm today. Not too humid though. I am also running speedway 87 octane. The shop does seem to know what they are doing. I don't think they tuned it. I think they just left the standard program in there. Looks like I'll be getting KPRO after all. My sister said she is buying a laptop so I can use hers to modify. Plus, I do get the Hondata price discount. They told me that it doesn't take too much knowledge to KPRO and it's pretty easy to get back to a safe zone just in case. So this thread just needs all you beautiful people to keep it going until I get KPRO. See you all then...
flop
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
So I got the k100 in last saturday and have been driving as usual. I added an optima battery and put on my hks ground wire kit the other day. Plus I started running premium pump gas and a bottle of octane boost. It does a lot stronger. Feels like the timing is advanced a lot. Which I know it is. I kind of like that and don't. There is also a good amount of midrange torque and I can skip gears when accelerating. I felt it was more fuel efficient when I could feel that timing retard once I started cruising on the highway. But I can let the car slow to 30mph in 5th gear and still accelerate back to 70mph without feeling any lag or strain from the motor. My purpose in getting the k100 was that the installer/mechanic said that he could tune it and take the worry away from me of any screwups plus save me money. Unfortunately, he didn't tune it like he said. He just installed it and said come back if I want to dyno tune. I will probably go with kpro here soon. will keep posting.
flop
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
hi alll :) i'm very new to car engine!!!! so please help!

i'm swaping the '04 K20 (type s) into an EG (D15) (93 hb) using everything from the K20, bout about the ECU , what do i need to do ???

please help, thank you thank you...... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,827 Posts
guys i am now on K100.

how do i upgrade to a Kpro ?

how simple is it to upgrade ? just swap the hondata chip but keeping my existing PRB ECU and wiring harness ?
u have to send ur ecu to hondata in order to do it the true way u dont wana burn up any thing coz i know how i got my 2nd kpro just send it to hondata more easy
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top