Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read this month's Honda tuning. In the first few pages there were a few pictures and interview with Mark Brauning, and some images of skunk2 and a mention of nuimage nooris K series car...

But I have to say, why does Honda tuning doesn't spend more time on k series swaps, k series development?

The common answer is that people are not ready for the K series swaps because they are expesive and that most people want to read B and D articles...

But I really wonder about this... Look at the best selling car magazines like car and driver etc... Most of the stuff they write about has to do with cars that only 0.5% of their audience will ever buy.. and they manage to stay in business...

Yes, hasport has helped them do a few articles on the EK and the DC2 and the k24a/k20a frank and afew more but I believe at this time they should realise that K series is more popular than 1 year ago, so why spent less time on it than they did, one year ago?

End of rant.

Hopefully other magazines will pick up the trend.

Nikos

·
Registered
203 Posts
I think its better to be kept a secret.
1. more people you will light up on the street/track whatever.
2. Less chance of getting your shit jacked in the blink of an eye
So i don't mind at all
3. I agree people arent ready

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eyeless6 said:
I think its better to be kept a secret.
1. more people you will light up on the street/track whatever.
2. Less chance of getting your shit jacked in the blink of an eye
So i don't mind at all
3. I agree people arent ready
lol, can't argue with that!

·
Registered
285 Posts
well how long did it take honda's b-series to be reconize? like the B16/B17 came out in early 90s, and didnt really explode untill like late 90s/2000(i never even looked at honda's back then, i was more interested in super cars but cant afford them :) ). just give it time.

·
Banned
320 Posts
vtecvoodoo said:
A certain magazine will be photographing my k-series install for a "How To:" article. Let me know if any you locals would like to get involved :D
Are you asking if anyone wants to help you install your motor? If so then sure I'll help I love working on Hondas.

·
Registered
35 Posts
personally i think that many arent "ready" for the K's yet. there isnt nearly the aftermarket support like with the b-series, and it just hasnt been around long enough. Not to mention the swap is as expensive as it gets as in terms of honda swaps (with the exception of the c-series). I honestly believe that they will become more popular as the years go on, but there still wont be as common as b-series swaps. but thats just me

·
Registered
18 Posts
what i noticed about the k series is that its known but not used alot. i guess because its expensive and pretty new. but give it a while soon alot of people are gonna have it then its gonna get annoying but oh well we can remember it like this"we started the k-series trend the followeres which are complete dumbasses just killed it"

-H******* ****Si

(my full name but i dont wanna give it out but serisously thats the letters in my name)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I tend to buy a magazine whether its honda tunning or super street when I see a k20 on the front cover or mentioning of it. But I am kind of dissapointed when honda tunning had a 7th gen and dropped a b18c in it!..

It was at the time when 7th gens were sporting those motors, even though there were only a few. But it was kind of funny to see that.

Eh its better if no one knows, Ive done my fair share of racing back in the day and seen expressions of peoples' faces when they get walked by a stock looking car. Just can't wait for it to happen more with the help of the K series.. just my two cents..

·
Registered
203 Posts
Doo-Doo said:
what i noticed about the k series is that its known but not used alot. i guess because its expensive and pretty new. but give it a while soon alot of people are gonna have it then its gonna get annoying but oh well we can remember it like this"we started the k-series trend the followeres which are complete dumbasses just killed it"

-H******* ****Si

(my full name but i dont wanna give it out but serisously thats the letters in my name)
hahaha. Good call man. It is gonna suck when dumbasses kill it. Probably have to switch to somethin else like an EVO or Supra. hahah. woulnt be an underdog then though

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.