Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Punishin' Bitches
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea bro i didnt make the post, got it from Club RSX. Its good reading though. Just gives you more insight on what and who Hytech is. Who John is and what hes doing wtih his project k motor he has been working on for 2 years.

·
Registered
537 Posts
BolivianFuego said:
Judging by their B series headers, im going to say 1300-1400ish
Well when you want the best I guess you gotta pay.

My only problem with that price is just how much more power will it make compared to the ordinary custom header at half the cost or less on a mildly built motor.

Dont get me wrong Kudos to the guy that can take engine building one step farther...hell I might even pick up one of those damn things upon release.

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
Yes, I read that too. However, I feel that it is not the best. Maybe marketed as the best. 300 on pump gas? Maybe because in california, you can buy race gas at the pump.

His welding skills is great though for sure.

·
Banned
320 Posts
I don't want to talk down on John/Hytech since I have not had any personal experience with him or his products and I refuse to repeat hearsay.

I will say that a friend of mine has K20a w/hytech header, and I was with him when it got tuned, and his numbers are not any more impressive than what I have seen from people using DTR and Truerace (? isn't that what it is?).

As far as 300whp on pump gas I believe it is definitely possible. But my problem with his claims is this: everyone has seen that old pic with the motor on a stand that says "300 horsepower blahblahblah". Well in this article he admits that he has yet to dyno at 300 and it is still quite a ways off. So why did he throw that motor out there making that claim?

·
Registered
537 Posts
909edge said:
I don't want to talk down on John/Hytech since I have not had any personal experience with him or his products and I refuse to repeat hearsay.

I will say that a friend of mine has K20a w/hytech header, and I was with him when it got tuned, and his numbers are not any more impressive than what I have seen from people using DTR and Truerace (? isn't that what it is?).

As far as 300whp on pump gas I believe it is definitely possible. But my problem with his claims is this: everyone has seen that old pic with the motor on a stand that says "300 horsepower blahblahblah". Well in this article he admits that he has yet to dyno at 300 and it is still quite a ways off. So why did he throw that motor out there making that claim?
You see thats my point. Build a massive powerplant ie massive cams, ungodly comp. Then choke it with some stock exhaust manifold/header...then put on a really free flowing header and POW theres an extra 20 ponies.

Fu** it man, its so pretty it may be worth the extra money lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.