Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey people's, Thought I would slowly share what i have been up to the last 6 months, even though I'm on a limited budget,

I started with one of these!

now if you havent seen one before they are AWD and D series, powered by the mighty D16W1 engine

i decided to pop to the local auction house to bid on a dodgy S2000 for a small khanacross car, but due to it going for $5000, i ended up picking up a nice 03 honda CRV, awd manual with 100k's on the clock.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b199/croolies/Harvey/HRV%20K/HRV%20K24/IMG_1878_zps2f030139.jpg

loading up the rear diff housing with the K series internals,

[IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b199/croolies/Harvey/HRV%20K/HRV%20K24/IMG_1882_zps5cf5c24a.jpg

engine out of the Crv

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b199/croolies/HRV%20K24%204x4/Day%202/20140322_173122_zps34184452.jpg[/IMG]

will have to make some custom extractors

the lower stainless elbow is there i need the exhaust to run to clear the HRV firewall, and sadly k swap extractors dont factor in the rear driveshaft.

and here is where it sits today, only mounted on temorary mounts until i can buy a decent Mig welder.

i will be running powersteering, but not having AC as it doesnt clear the lower radiator support. so i have to find a 6 rib belt of somelength.

im running the CRV awd stock shifterbox and cables, which are in and connected.

and yea, im not one for typing anything but this is my slow build

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fuel System Update and Done.

Well today I went down to the Local Pirtek Dealer, and picked up some fuel hose and some fittings, and finnaly got around to do something that i really didnt want to do, i thought it would have been alot harder to do than it was.

Parts:
Hybrid Racing K Swap Fuel rail. not exactly needed you can weld on a Fitting to the existing fuel rail for about $15 (at Pirtek)
Aem Adjustable Fuel Regulator.
Hybrid Racing Fuel Pressure Guage $40
(5/16") 35 bar WP 1.5m Hose $17.13 fuel feed hose
(1/4") 35 bar WP 2m Hose $20.20 fuel return hose
Nipple uno male x jic male x3 $12.60 Fittings screwed into AEM reg to allow hose ends to connect.
9/16" jic female x 5/16"tail hose x3 $21.30 Fittings from Filter to REG to fuel rail.
9/16" jic female x 1/4 "tail hose x1 $11.26 fuel return bottom of REG.

What I paid all up for hoses is about $95, for all fittings, you can pick up the AEM regs for around $150aswell

Photos!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Finnaly Got the exhaust done, just rear engine mount/subframe (i have a really temp one in place)

lots of photos. complete system for $975, 4-1 mandrel extractors. and just a std 2-1/4" press bend system.
not aiming for power etc, just want the damn thing moving.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
you'll have to put the alternator on the front of the engine, and notch the chassis to fit it in (thats if going AWD)

good news, use b18c2 dc2 half shalf and stock manual hrv axles, gearbox bolts in on drivers side and need a custom rear mount (tricky as eff all room)

i went b series AWD and it was easier going K series AWD

good luck

1 - 15 of 15 Posts