61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
:shades: good look'n out! thanks again!

·
Premium Member
18,976 Posts
15400-plm-a01/02 is the standard filter, fits every honda you can think of. Just about perfect as far as Honda is concerned.

15400-pcx-004 is the only "other" filter, intended for s2000, has slightly larger capacity, fits every honda application, sometimes with slight modification, i.e. removal of heat shields, etc.

the plm has been known to flex at extremely high rpm, the pcx does not.

I personally used the plm and put a radiator hose clamp around it to reduce the flex at high rpm, because I like the plm's smaller size, and I am someone who changes their oil very frequently

either way, in the end either are perfect.

the difference between the plm-a01 and plm-a02 is the actual manufacturer. no single oil filter manufacturer could supply honda's demand. From honda's perspective the a01 and a02 are identical and interchangeable. they both meet the same standard, same requirements, same defective rate, i.e. honda thinks they are the same

·
Registered
530 Posts
15400-plm-a01/02 is the standard filter, fits every honda you can think of. Just about perfect as far as Honda is concerned.

15400-pcx-004 is the only "other" filter, intended for s2000, has slightly larger capacity, fits every honda application, sometimes with slight modification, i.e. removal of heat shields, etc.

I personally used the plm and put a radiator hose clamp around it to reduce the flex at high rpm, because I like the plm's smaller size, and I am someone who changes their oil very frequently

the difference between the plm-a01 and plm-a02 is the actual manufacturer. no single oil filter manufacturer could supply honda's demand. From honda's perspective the a01 and a02 are identical and interchangeable. they both meet the same standard, same requirements, same defective rate, i.e. honda thinks they are the same
Thanks for the clarification and the clamp tip.

Is the S2000 filter longer? Or just fatter?

I use the standard filter but already have a hard time getting the filter wrench (band style) around the end to remove. Oil cooler pushes it out near the intermediate shaft. Longer would be worse. Might have to go for the rad clamp.

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
the PCX is longer than the standard filter.... at least its longer than the standard fram/purelator stuff that came off the D motors and B motors

·
Registered
353 Posts

plm - a01 are better then a02,

a02 is made by Honeywell= fram
a01 is made by filtech= usdm green hamp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpzykhkH1oo

61 - 80 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.