Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2004 automatic civic hybrid. As of now I have a k20a block, em dx under dash harness, clutch and break pedal em2 shifter and type s clutch master cylinder.
My progress will be slow but I will get it done. This will be my second k swap my first was an efk24z3 lots of fun but not street legal. This hybrid does not need a smog which is a plus here in Cali.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since it is a hybrid civic I wasn't sure if it fit in the EM section. Can the mods please move this thread if need be. Thanks for the heads up blackndecker.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I don't live in SoCal so bear with me, I am I to understand that because the chassis was a hybrid model you wont ever have to smog the car after the swap? Even if all the hybrid systems are removed?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't live in SoCal so bear with me, I am I to understand that because the chassis was a hybrid model you wont ever have to smog the car after the swap? Even if all the hybrid systems are removed?
Correct. Not sure what would happen if a cop checked under the hood.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just sent out my front lower lca for powder coating. Should have them back next week.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts