Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year the honda beat will be available for import into Canada, just wondering what you guys think about putting a K20 into one??

kinda ugly car, but its mid engine rear drive and about 1600 lbs!!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Here:
ENGINE:
656cc 3 Cylinder 12 Valve MTREC Injection

64 BHP @ 8100rpm

44 Lb ft @ 7000rpm

Average 40-50 MPG

0-60 MPH < 10 Seconds

Top Speed 87 MPH Limited Electronically

GEARBOX:

5 Speed Manual Full Syncromesh
LSD (Optional)
ABS (Optional)

So it has a bike-sized engine. I doubt the K20 would fit without some serious modifications to the chassie.

Here is the block for size reference

·
F1 Junky
2,017 Posts
Is there a hardtop version of the Beat? I think that would clear up a little bit more room to work with.

·
Registered
564 Posts
NickZED said:
oh my god... how much for one?

im so getting one!
yeah how much for one, can i buy it from canada then drive it to US? i think ill will be a fun car to drice

·
Registered
644 Posts
It has a cable tranny, so one less thing to worry about! lol

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Sheesh.. that would be a VERY tight fit. I'm going to go as far as saying it wouldnt fit. That is a very small car, with a very small engine bay. You could probably manage to stick a K in there, with some fabrication.

I would love to see it...it would be a blast to drive.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Dude that be like the lotus they did that with only lighter! DO IT! LOL you'd be running 11's lol. As long as you can get tracktion lol. Oh that car dont look to safe, might want to add a few roll bars or soemthing lol.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The Honda Beat is a pretty cool car that has quite a cult following in Japan. If someone can swap in a Toyota Avalon V8 into an MR-S, than a K20 should be no problem.

I think they do make removable hardtops for it in Japan, so that would probably be your best be for clearance if you remove the soft top crap out, cut out some bits of the chassis and install a cage.

Do it!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts