Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey G&Gs,

Great site lots of info on the K series...total nooob here, once I get through a bunch of data/info/lurkin'/searchin' will be asking questions on the quest for more power. My Darlin' has a CRV (K24A1) with the auto (4X4) and would like to get more ponies....nothing crazy....perhaps 200WHP.... have never worked on a gaser....know some about powerstroke diesels...hahhaa

Thanks for this site and all the cool info.....Yayaaaa!!!

Lurk ya soon...

jrc

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
Welcome aboard G&G... :up:.. How are you doing?

·
JDM KING/K20a Supporter
30,257 Posts
Welcome to the site...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lots great reading and learning here for a goooober noooob like me....hahhaa
McCoy seems you are correct in that there is limited info (least what I have found so far) on power implications specific to CRV (K24A1) in auto config, including RT4wd tranny (think thats what it has in it)....

Thanks for the Welcome....again VERY COOL site...

jrc

·
JDM KING/K20a Supporter
30,257 Posts
Lots great reading and learning here for a goooober noooob like me....hahhaa
McCoy seems you are correct in that there is limited info (least what I have found so far) on power implications specific to CRV (K24A1) in auto config, including RT4wd tranny (think thats what it has in it)....

Thanks for the Welcome....again VERY COOL site...

jrc

Feel right at home man... This is the best site for K info, I bet on that... :up:

·
Registered
699 Posts
There was a tsx running SC and Nitros in an auto. Might contact Hondata to see what they can do as far as the ECU goes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just copy some of the other builds using a k24 block and k20a2 head you'll be at 200whp in no time :p
Slopower,
I have been Lurkin' it out and that is one option for sure....just want to find out (prior to) what the driveline will put up with (iirc it has a viscus 4X4), want a consevative power gain (50-70 on the ground) with good reliability for DD...

jdm04,

Thanx for the suggestion and will contact them to see what is possible.

Thanx again for the warm welcome....

jrc

1 - 17 of 17 Posts