Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any know wether there motors are all original engines and tranny or are they mix matched and rebuilt??? And how do you find out what year model your engine is???

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
That ^^^^ Should be on HMO's Main page. QUOTED lol!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a k20r right in front of me from. No lie motor is super clean. Just wondering if they are rebuilt cause some parts look newer than others. And how can I find out what year it is??

·
Registered
105 Posts
I bought my motor from h motors nad it wa clean as hell too. I asked them what year the motor was they said 2003 or 2004. I cant remember just call them and ask dou you have the order number?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No I'm not saying anything is wrong with their stuff all of their stuff us perfectly fine and clean off the shelf but are some of motors rebuilt.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Their motors look so clean because they spray the motors with engine degreaser and then use a high pressure washer to clean up the motors. Ive bought two motors from them and both motors have run very well with nothing missing and good compression. Steve is a very good guy and runs his business professionally. Probably why theyve been around so long, unlike most of the come and go shops in this industry.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I can't say if any of their engines are rebuilt or tinkered with, but if you want to know the year of the engine look for the production date cast into the head.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts