Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
hp or torque...because there's alot of ways to get 300 hp( alot of torque at relatively low rpm's or an engine revved to the moon but not making alot of torque).
It depends on a lot of other things, like car weight, tire size, slicks or street tires, driving style, and track conditions. It seems like everyone we talk to who is making more power than stock in a K series has broken second.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
What RPM range would I be in shifting from 1.90 (dog 2nd) to OEM 1.517 (3rd):confused: Seems like a very small difference between the dog 2nd and OEM 3rd...

Is this more for drag guys?
Most people buying this are drag racing. Yes, the RPM would only drop from 10000 to 7984, but they'd only drop from 10000 to 7561 from third to fourth.

PM sent.

·
Registered
268 Posts
All of these sets are sold and they will be done in about a month.
How about a:
rotrex supercharged RSX
Making 500+Whp on 26" slicks
Some street driving
Drag racing
Full weight ~2600lbs I believe
4.7 final drive 6 spd tranny all other gears are stock.

I'd love to have the straight cuts with syncro engagement just need insight on ratios.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
How about a:
rotrex supercharged RSX
Making 500+Whp on 26" slicks
Some street driving
Drag racing
Full weight ~2600lbs I believe
4.7 final drive 6 spd tranny all other gears are stock.

I'd love to have the straight cuts with syncro engagement just need insight on ratios.
How high are you going to spin the engine? You plan on trapping around 140mph? We don't make any synchro gears for the K series but if there's enough interest we'll do it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
How high are you going to spin the engine? You plan on trapping around 140mph? We don't make any synchro gears for the K series but if there's enough interest we'll do it.
Plan on 9000-9300rpm.
Trap speed is unknown.
I'd do the straight cut 1-2nd gears dog engagement ...what ratios would be best?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Where can I find a 4.389 final drive? Is that an oem FD?
And whats pricing on that gearset?
4.389 is an OEM final drive, you can check out the ratio chart sticky in the transmission forum to see what it came in.

$2000 for the group buy, but they're all sold.

·
Registered
268 Posts
We don't have any in stock, first we want to see how well these work in case we want to make improvements on the next batch. The retail price will probably be close to $2000.

http://franavehicles.com/dogK.html
Ok thanks that will give me time to save for the next set. Maybe I can talk a few ppl into doing a group buy. Please let me know of any news of these gears and what you plan to do next. Thanks.

Adam.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi guys, keep me posted for a second group buy, i'm intrested in the dog engagement set, i'll let you know the ratio soon....

41 - 60 of 82 Posts