Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey peeps in aisa. i got a thread in the Europe section please chech it out. if possible someone in japan or malaysia could possibly look into a part for me it could be new or used. it is a set of jdm fd2r shift cables. it is not a rush but if you can help me with my future swap please do. pm me i use paypal for payments. cheers and thank you

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as far as i know there are no after market cables for my spnm trans. HR cables will not work they are meant for usdm si pnn3 and pnn4 si trans. fn2r cabels may work but not going to chance it if somebody knows of fd2 type r after market cables i am all ears. usdm cables are not compatible due to the different trans case. it may be possible to mod some 2012 cables to work but don't want to gamble it. if somebody has either fn2r cabels or 2012 usdm si cables they would let go cheep then pm me. usdm si cables may work if i can get a custom cable mount. i am doing a fd2 k20a swap into a fg2 si.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i guess you should ask the guys in HR then since they're the experts.

but now since you mentioned it and i'm not that experienced when it comes to transmission, i will have to check if the ep3 si cables will fit my y2m3 tranny without any issues since my car is the UDM ep3

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they should but i can check the catalog for you to check parts #. are you in asia? i think you will have clearance issues with the fd2r rrc manifold with the ef hood alot of guys here have had to cut and mod hood for it to fit. if you can get a ef sir b16a shell then it may fit better minus the rrc. manifold and oil pan clearance big problems with ef chassis. don't get me wrong it is possible but more work than most chassis. check out the crx builds they are ef chassis i think civic ef has the same or similar dimensions. a b fits better in a ef but that is jm opinion

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
i guess you should ask the guys in HR then since they're the experts.

but now since you mentioned it and i'm not that experienced when it comes to transmission, i will have to check if the ep3 si cables will fit my y2m3 tranny without any issues since my car is the UDM ep3
i already did they focus on usdm models only. :( wish they made fd2r cables i would buy them.
every thing i listed are possible solutions that i found through hard research but the best solution is just use fd2r cables since they are unique to the fd2r . if sombody can get some HR cables to work with spnm trans then i am all ears.
sorry these post belong somewhere else. got confused which thread i was replying to.
there is a guy in the transmission section that is swaping a fd2 k20a into a ef

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
back on topic. i did talk to HR they said that i would have to mod the braket that holds the cables to make theirs work. i am just going with the oem fd2 cables for now if somebody got a used set PM me we can work out a deal. i found new ones for 420 usd.
is that your black EP3r if so that is a hot ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts