Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
You are going to run in some problems. It would be better to use the whole motor from TSX. The tsx head and the type S head are very similar.

The problems I am talking about is that on top of the TSX block there are some blocked EGR ports as well as the water line passage is positioned different than the k20a2 block or the k24a from the CRV.

If you were to use the tsx block and the Type S head, you will not be able to use the type S intake manifold. Unless you machine the block etc etc...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nikos said:
You are going to run in some problems. It would be better to use the whole motor from TSX. The tsx head and the type S head are very similar.

The problems I am talking about is that on top of the TSX block there are some blocked EGR ports as well as the water line passage is positioned different than the k20a2 block or the k24a from the CRV.

If you were to use the tsx block and the Type S head, you will not be able to use the type S intake manifold. Unless you machine the block etc etc...
alright thanks a lot

but i have two more questions...

is the 05 k20a2 tranny same as 04 tsx tranny or there is a difference?
and witch motor would be better 05 type s or the 04 tsx???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.