Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is everyone that has done the swap really please with it ??

see i was gonna buy the k20a type r but i figured i get a cut harness an no shifter cables or shifter box or shit like that so i got a type s i traded in the old b18c5 for it ill be runin stock tsx header due to $$$ and ill have the hasport mounts hasports 250hp axles, c&r radiator 255lph walbaro fuel pump aem ep3 pulley custom intake and last but not least hondata k pro.

just wondering if anyone has similar and if i will be really happy what hp you think ill have. i know im already excited i mean come on 200hp motor out of a 03 type s with less than 10k and a 6spd come on. like i said i had a c5 and i wanted another R but for the money i dont think its worth it like with the cut harness and the shifter cables and shit you gotta get.

do you think im wrong? let me know what you guys really think of your k swaps!!

thanks alot ill be sure to post pics when mines done

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeahh

yeha i traded my b18c5 for the k20a2

i really want the k20a type r but id have to give my motor and some cash were i traded my old c5 strait for the k20 my c5 needed rings soo i think i did all right

i really wanted the k20a type r cause i have all the other type r shit
like type r five lug the 1inch brake master clynder and brake booster type r control arms sway bars i have the jdm itr recaro srds and i have the jdm itr steering wheel and some other shit like white advan rgs, apexi n1 type pro coilovers bunch of spoon goodies and j's racing carbon fiber carnards and intake duct and duckbiill and yadayada yada you know what im getting at i went from a type r i want another type r but for the shit id have to buy i think you could make the k20a2 just as fast

thanks alot for the respond teampacman ive seen your cars i like them alot there an inspiration to alot of people!!!!

keep rockin all motor :twisted:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah

my b18c5 didnt have perfect compression and it burned oil and smoked and the last time i dynoed a long time ago it made 175hp im sure it was less close to now but i race a fox body with 373 gears and intake and he would get me pretty good which im not suprised since after the race i pulled number 4 plug and it was gone hahahha i tryed to explain but you know domestic boys he just kept talking shit , hes all like yeah hondas burn all that oil and my mustang will never break im like ok keep thinking that, i just cant wait i wanna light his ass up not even from the beginning i wanna reel him in like hes standing still you know hahha thats the way i like to race.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah

i cant wait my c5 motor is out the shop zerolift has already takin it apart and fixed a valve and are starting to put it back together as we wait for parts for the k20 swap i have the motor its a 2003 type s , so far i have the fuel pump and i got the STR fuel rail i really like the rail it even says on it k20 series. tom. i should have the mounts, i really wanted to do it all by myself but i have work 9-5 and school 6-9 kinda sucks ill be there on the weekend helping out. the people that work at zerolift are really great freinds and busniess men. we all including myself have worked at old performance shops. me , mike , brad, paul use to work at basz racing, they have a low 10 sec civic , and robbie use to work at full blown racing in indiana. it really helps when everyone is really good freinds it makes for a great shop. at zerolift they strive to make you happy. sorry if im preaching but there really great check them out www.zerolift.com

ill post picks of my car when complete

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.