Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 98' hatchback and I'm saving up for a swap and gonna pick one pretty soOn...havnt done a swap but im capable of learning how I have a few friends who would help me out.. the thing is should I go K-series or do a B-series..My friend would sell me a k20a2 engine/tranny and harness for 1800 for me and I thought it's a pretty good price..I have two cars so Im not really worry about down time...should I go K-series? and money is not a issue...but I would like to stay all motor..thanks for reading..

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
ur asking this question in a k20a.org forum. im sure 99.99999832% will tell you that you SHOULD go kseries. for 1800 thats a banging deal. hybrid racing has a kswap how to dvd out. i heard its pretty well made and informative. the swap itself isnt to hard. you just have to have patience and buy the right parts. :up:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ur asking this question in a k20a.org forum. im sure 99.99999832% will tell you that you SHOULD go kseries. for 1800 thats a banging deal. hybrid racing has a kswap how to dvd out. i heard its pretty well made and informative. the swap itself isnt to hard. you just have to have patience and buy the right parts. :up:

I bought the video ..should be coming in today..

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Go get that today. lol :up: A b series can cost 1800 and more depending on the motor. So why not get the better motor for the same price as a typical b series? Go for it man. :driving:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I watched the video and doesnt seem hard expect wiring but beside that..In the video the swap was for an EG...Is the EK same as the EG ..I read someones post and it said you have to change out the rack and subframe to a eg?and i think fork for the suspension also?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I watched the video and doesnt seem hard expect wiring but beside that..In the video the swap was for an EG...Is the EK same as the EG ..I read someones post and it said you have to change out the rack and subframe to a eg?and i think fork for the suspension also?
If you go with Hasports EKK2 mounts then u'll need to get EG/DC sub frame wit EG/DC power steering or manual rack depending if your going to run power steering in your set up or not. Great thing about it is that you'll have EG/DC front end suspension witch will allow u to go get Omni Power front lower control arms:D:D:D

ill be going thru tha same process in a couple months with my K20 into my EM1 lol:dance: cant wait!!:cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts