Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a newbie here....just around to learn really want to do a k20 in my 90 hatchback someday but that wont be until I graduate college and can afford it but until then I plan on learning as much as I possibly can and I have already learned a lot just from this site

here are a few pictures of my hatch....I worked at a Honda dealership over the summer as a lube tech and came across a sweet deal but the motor was shot so I just rebuilt it and have cleaned it up some

and then with the rims painted

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
Welcome aboard man! :up:

·
Went to the Dark Side
5,173 Posts
welcome nice ride

·
Went to the Dark Side
5,173 Posts
no prob man

·
JDM KING/K20a Supporter
30,257 Posts
Welcome to the site... :up:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks again everyone...these pictures are of the rebuild I did....It was leaking oil like crazy and I think it just wore away the rings so the Honda Master tech that worked at the dealership told me to just drop the oil pan undo the rod caps and push the pistons out the top of the motor without removing the motor. I watched him rebuild 2 of his EFs the same way. I know its really ghetto but it works runs great and also replaced all oil seals and a lot of other parts also.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It ain't ghetto man, time is money. Just make sure to punch each rod so you know which is which, or do one at a time.
Welcome to the site :up:
Oh yeah man we had an engraver. I am surprised most of the other Honda forums I read everyone thought I was a dumbass for not pulling the motor when all was wrong were the rings.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts