Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

141 - 160 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Does any one know how to fix my problem I'm having with my vtec. My 05 rsx type s is reving out at 5500 no vtec.. And when vtec kicks in its very sluggish does not pull like it should at all..
Check your oil pressure.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,577 Posts
Does any one know how to fix my problem I'm having with my vtec. My 05 rsx type s is reving out at 5500 no vtec.. And when vtec kicks in its very sluggish does not pull like it should at all..
To add this information, maybe it helps you too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do you have oil in the car I had the same problem with my j series
If u don't have a Check Engine lighte that affects Vtec activation
Or extremely low on engine oil, this could be your Problm

Check the oil pan if its dented, it will block the Strainer/pick up and
Affect the oil Pressure (too low)
To activte Vtec.

Happened to My k24/dc2R.

Vibes Racing.

·
Registered
218 Posts
great write up on K series engines and how to seat rings on a new motor
i have installed many many new,used, rebuilt and re manufactured motors over the years and i have my own routine to break them in and never had one fail or come back after returning it to its owner.
After install i prime the motor with oil using the starter doing 8 second turn overs using the starter until full oil pressure is achieved.(more than 15 seconds can damage the starter motor )
start car and idle until full operating temp and fans come on or thermostat opens fully. change oil and filter
run car down the road gently for a few miles then inspect for any issues
drive car slightly spirited and using a long steep hill decelerate in the 3k rpm range a few times. change oil and filter
right after this drive until its fully warm and romp on it 4-5 times 20mph-70mph and let it fully decelerate back to 20mph each time
change oil and filter
your rings are now seated but u must change the oil @ 500 miles @1500miles @3000 miles to keep the babbit metal being released from the rod bearings,main bearings, and cam bearings or other metals from cylinder walls ,rings, oil pump etc.. that are mostly created during dry startups.
Personaly i am more afraid of spinning a bearing than not seating the rings during a break in hence why i tell people not to go to the last 25% of the rpm range for atleast the first 3k miles if its a daily driver expected to last years and not hours.
for those requiring a tune after building your new higher hp engine, listen to the man. have it towed to the tuner or bribe them to come to you for a initial tune setup so you can drive it there safely.
fyi all new rings are square on all four sealing corners and do require time to wear to a rounded edge making them fully broken in and less likely to hang up or break.

·
Registered
2 Posts
HI every one first post .

Will a Accord 2006 K24A8 work in an 2004 Accord k24A4 with a intake manifold swap? I know the k24A8 is throttle by wire an the k24A4 is cable controlled .

can I do this swap with out major modifications an electrical issues .

trying to figure out what differences there are.

I have both cars ones wrecked ( 06) an the 04 go really hot an has problems.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Can someone please link me to a guide to the intake manifold torque sequence and specs because I keep hearing that the RBC's will Crack if I bolt the manifold on without a pattern once it gets hot? Is this correct

·
Registered
2 Posts
2016 BUMP.
-------------------------
I have a 96 Honda civic manual
And I was wanting to do a K Series engine swap into my Honda, but I wanted to know what's the fastest K series engine I should swap that will FIT in my civic?

I am not concerned about the time and costs since it's an Project anyways that will be completed regardless.

I Also wanted to swap the Transmission with an stonger and faster more efficient tranny. Any ideas on what transmission to swap in?

Was thinking maybe an Type R tranny from a DC5,Ek9,or a EP3?
Any other parts or upgrades that I'm missing that would help UPGRADE my Honda significantly. No cheapo ricer parts.

This build on the Honda is going to be built to race on tracks and etc not as a daily driver. So I'm looking to make it fast and handle well for performance.

Any tips or ideas are HIGHLY appreciated!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
are you sure you dont want a j series engine?
also i suggest you go through every tab on this site and read what others have done already. this may be a question better suited for the coffee shop section.:devil:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello to all the members?
I am new to this forum
Need some information regarding my 2005 euro R k20a
I have noticed a very slight tappet noise after i drive the car for 50-60kms the car has no noise while running but on low rpms i hear it a *tick* *tick* noise

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: the best Information about K motors

Any danger of running 91 Octane vs 93 Octane in a K20Z?

Also, any idea of the value of a damaged K20Z with 89K miles; needs crank ground and new main bearings.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone I'm new to the thread my name is Lazaro.

I'm in the process of doing a head swap on my 2016 accord sport. I bought a k20z3 head from a buddy of mine that he had laying around. I plan to port the head and redo the deck and all that fun stuff. I'm new to the car game so I'm just trying to make sure I don't come across any issues when doing this project and I was going to ask for any info you guys can provide would be gladly appreciated. I sat down and I'm working numbers on all the parts that I'm looking into buying but I don't want to spend all this money and than come across a problem for not gathering up enough info. Anyways thanks any anything helps

Skunk2 ultra cams
Skunk2 intake manifold
Bigger injectors to run E85
And many more

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys new to all this so if i come off dumb im sorry but i need a bit of help i got a built k24/k20 i got a few questions going into a dc2 integra

1) will ep3 axles work with a accord trans
2) ep3 pully will work correct

·
Registered
3 Posts
New to K series I got some questions I wanna build a street car and I've got my mind on a e.g. Hatch with a K20 now I wanna tear it down and build it myself any suggestions on which k20 would be for .? I'm planning on boosting it also

·
Registered
3 Posts
...build it...
Welcome Gabe209 to K20a.org!

What do you mean exactly by the quote above? Which kind of forced induction you want to go?

Markus
Well I'm new to the entire k series period and I'm looking into get a k motor for starters, now I've read a lot on the k24 being the best for al motor build and the k20 for a turbo build, I can get the k20 motor from a buddy for a steal but I wanna know which will benefit the most any suggestions
Gabe

141 - 160 of 181 Posts