Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 civic coupe with a k20a2 swap. I went out for a quick drive today and suddenly the engine felt like it lost power and I heard a knocking/clicking sound coming from under the hood. I parked and checked the oil. Seemed a Lil low (which idk why cause I just changed the oil 500 miles ago). Anyways I put 2 quarts in just to be safe. The clicking noise was still there. It sounds like it's right in the head. So while I'm trying to figure this out, the clicking noise goes away. But the car still feels the same. When I rev the engine it feels sluggish and the car is trembling alot. I also hear a weird noise coming from the exhaust now. Plz help!! Thanx

·
Registered
39,470 Posts
loud knocking? did u see ur low oil light blink at all in ur cluster? r u saying it's not making any knocking sounds at all anymore?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The oil light did not come on at all. And yea I have a kpro. Its so weird how the knocking noise just stopped. A friend of mine just came by and said I might not have something serious. Said that it could be bad valve, injectors, or spark plugs. Also mentioned to check the air filter. Could one of these be the problem? Gonna take it to the shop soon. I just like to see peoples opinions before a mechanic tries to rip me off. P.s. I also heard the exhaust backfire a couple of times.

·
IMAKEBOOSTATIDLE
6,914 Posts
yeah check the plugs out... then go from there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good looking out everyone. So the issue turned out to be a bad coil. I guess that Wat making the knocking noise. And also stopping one of the fuel injectors from working. The car feels great now :). ........I was worried there for a sec.

·
Banned
700 Posts
pull the valve cover you could have a broken roller rocker

·
Registered
697 Posts
pull the valve cover you could have a broken roller rocker
:down:

Good looking out everyone. So the issue turned out to be a bad coil. I guess that Wat making the knocking noise. And also stopping one of the fuel injectors from working. The car feels great now :). ........I was worried there for a sec.
:up:

Adding 2 qts of oil isn't a little bit thought! That's damn near half of what your engine takes. Just make sure you didn't add too much!!
Depending on computer usually when the ECU sees a misfire that is continuous, it will kill the injector signal to that cylinder as well to prevent catalyst damage! Glad you got it fixed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts