Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a question for anyone that would be nice enough to answer. I posted a while back that i was going to buy a 95 honda hb but my friend down the street was selling his 91 hb si ef mint condition hardly no visible rust brand new engine swap KYB fully adjustable shocks i fell in love with it it is my first car and im learning on the way so my question is where should i start ? i dont really have a budget I've been saving up for it anyways but to give me an idea of where to go next, i was planing to work on the suspension a friend suggested to buy better shocks but where should I start? its a D series so its stock but my friend threw in a vtec header the 91-95 straight swaps and he gave me a turbo charge its perfectly fine with no shaft play..

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Unless you have a budget to dump a few thousand dollars in to the car i would just leave it alone, fix anything that may be wrong with it and drive it. If you slowly want to build something for it you could buy a part here and there till you have everything for a swap. And if you're going to do that I would look into replacing/upgrading suspension bushings, traction bar and things along that line.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys so buy a new a new suspension kit.. what would be the best for my ef? i was having a conversation with one of my friends and he has a hatch also he got skunk 2 springs, Kyb AGX shocks anyone have any information on this? i also wanted to vtec my d-series is this a good idea or just save up and do the typical b16 swap... and turbo it.. i just really don't wanna buy a new ecu and convert my obd0 to 1 or w.e

·
Premium Member
44,706 Posts
An EG will be less expensive to build up than an EF. Better aftermarket support.
Agreed. The EF chassis is getting to the point where OEM parts are becoming more and more scarce. Best bet is to keep it as stock as possible and research as much as you can. I highly recommend purchasing the Helms manual for it, or downloading a digital version. You can find them in the DIY/FAQ link in my signature block :up:
thanks guys so buy a new a new suspension kit.. what would be the best for my ef? i was having a conversation with one of my friends and he has a hatch also he got skunk 2 springs, Kyb AGX shocks anyone have any information on this? i also wanted to vtec my d-series is this a good idea or just save up and do the typical b16 swap... and turbo it.. i just really don't wanna buy a new ecu and convert my obd0 to 1 or w.e
What is your current budget for the car? What is the condition of the suspension on it? Perhaps there are other things you can do that would be more beneficial.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I'm saving up and putting aside a certain amount(w.e i need to work on that would benefit me the most) so it doesn't really matter, I could save up 1-7g if i really really wanted too.. I just want to know what I should put my money towards before I put a project together I'll post some pictures on here..
but but signalpuke i don't know actually how would i check?

·
Premium Member
44,706 Posts
well I'm saving up and putting aside a certain amount(w.e i need to work on that would benefit me the most) so it doesn't really matter, I could save up 1-7g if i really really wanted too.. I just want to know what I should put my money towards before I put a project together I'll post some pictures on here..
but but signalpuke i don't know actually how would i check?
My original struts were blown, there was oil coming out of them.
The bushings were all shot to hell, dry rotted and cracked.
The cars are old, and just need some work to be brought up to the standards of a chassis that is getting a new engine with double the power of the original.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
in your first post you said it has kyb agx's, why do you want to spend money on another set of shock/springs or even coilovers? seems a waste if they are not blown.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
in your first post you said it has kyb agx's, why do you want to spend money on another set of shock/springs or even coilovers? seems a waste if they are not blown.
Well the shocks and everything are fine but I need new brakes for sure.. And I just got a motar swap but its a stock d16 but I got that vtec straight swap

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
:confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts