Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am in the process of trying to acquire all the parts for my EK build. I have purchased a K24A2 and a K20Z3 trans, i plan on using the PRB ECU with the Kpro V4, if i remember correctly, there needs to be a modification to make the k20z3 trans work correctly with the k24a2 is that correct? Ktune has a all in 1 VSS converter that i can purchase, will that fix my problems? I think one of the more common problem is the speedo will not work correctly without? I'm looking for a plug and play set up, and i've been digging around and i see there are some info on the VSS but they are from 2008 which i'm not sure if its still relevant anymore with all the new stuff that has came out.

so i guess my question is, what is the easiest way to use the k24a2/k20z3 combo in a plug and play (without paying a shop to do it)? I also plan on purchasing the k tuned level 4 swap package if that helps with questions on the setup.

Thank you

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not sure what modification you're referring to. I've done a k24a2 block on k20z3 trans with no modifications to either. Just run the clutch and flywheel for a k20a2. If you want the speedo to work you'll need the converter (k-tuned or other). As for shifting, you'll need something z3 specific, such as the k-tuned bracket that allows you to use the accord cables/box. Or I believe you can swap in a k20a2 shift mechanism, but I have never done that so I'm not sure what's involved. I don't know what's included in a level 4 package, but contact ktuned and tell them what you have and they'll get you squared away with what you need specifically.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts