Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a base RSX five speed and I'm looking to drop in a K24 from a TSX. I'm still a bit hazy on some things, I heard that I need the timing chain mount from the CRV. I'll have to swap over my crank sensor from my a3 onto the tsx (or rewire the pigtail)

And is that it? Do I have to absolutely go K-pro? Also what header will I use? The cheaper the better, because I think i'm going to go FI later on down the road.

I've heard a lot of different things; like EM2 sway bar, a SSR header, toda race header (both of which I don't want to use), a header without a flex pipe, and solid mounts.

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ha ha good call signal, just making sure. I've got a stock header here so I gotta see what's up, I'm massively worried about it. Yeah I already knew about the sensor, and the ecu went out for k-pro today. y'know we don't like waiting around.

Oh you should see the supra btw, and I've got a spare 2jz block with a new TT crank ;)

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well got the motor in today, but the stock header and stock sway bar fit just fine. I don't know why people are saying it doesn't work. Mine fit perfect.

The only thing I can think of maybe because it's a base model and not a type-s. Is there a possibility that the type-s utilizes a different sway bar?

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I got the motor in the car with the mount, a lot of people kept saying that the header wouldn't clear at all. I'm getting k-pro done right now, I'm using the stock base (plastic) intake manifold with stock TB. Where did you hear about the tps rewire? After all the searching I didn't see anything about that at all.

Thanks for the reply

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I dunno it hasn't ran yet ha ha, waiting on K-Pro to come back. I put her on the back burner for the moment. But I did order k-pro, just waiting on it. I'll report back when I'm done.

210, does that mean you are from SA?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.