Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

Help with K24 into base RSX

39K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Stay_Up_TXStyle 
#1 ·
Hey guys I have a base RSX five speed and I'm looking to drop in a K24 from a TSX. I'm still a bit hazy on some things, I heard that I need the timing chain mount from the CRV. I'll have to swap over my crank sensor from my a3 onto the tsx (or rewire the pigtail)

And is that it? Do I have to absolutely go K-pro? Also what header will I use? The cheaper the better, because I think i'm going to go FI later on down the road.

I've heard a lot of different things; like EM2 sway bar, a SSR header, toda race header (both of which I don't want to use), a header without a flex pipe, and solid mounts.

#2 ·
You need Kpro man, and the CRV mount as you mentioned. Repining the CRK sensor is easiest. Not sure on the header, but there are some cheap ones out there. Hit up ASP, see if he has any that fit, best bang for the buck if he does. Any header for a K24 in an RSX will work. Not sure on the sway bars, may depend on the header used.

#4 ·
ha ha good call signal, just making sure. I've got a stock header here so I gotta see what's up, I'm massively worried about it. Yeah I already knew about the sensor, and the ecu went out for k-pro today. y'know we don't like waiting around.

Oh you should see the supra btw, and I've got a spare 2jz block with a new TT crank ;)

#5 ·
Well got the motor in today, but the stock header and stock sway bar fit just fine. I don't know why people are saying it doesn't work. Mine fit perfect.

The only thing I can think of maybe because it's a base model and not a type-s. Is there a possibility that the type-s utilizes a different sway bar?

#6 ·
Whats up Bro. Im doing the same swap. I have a base 5 speed as well.

Things you need.
CRV Timing Cover Mounts

They say 75a Bushings are recomended, but im gonna use the 60A that i just bought not too long ago.

Do u have Kpro?

What Intake Manifold are u running?

Regardless your gonna need an Aftermaket TB or Type S TB and need to rewire the TPS.

Have to get the Injen CAI if ur gonna run a CAI with the RBC, otherwise u can just make a custom short ram.

I suggest upgrading your injectors as the Base injectors only @ 270cc. I Run full bolt-ons on my A3 and my duty cycle is at 90%.

Im running the DCRH, if i run into clearance issues ill try the EM2, if that fails i run without one.

And u should get at least a 2.5 inch exhaust for the 2.4 Liter Beast

Good Luck:up:

#7 ·
Well I got the motor in the car with the mount, a lot of people kept saying that the header wouldn't clear at all. I'm getting k-pro done right now, I'm using the stock base (plastic) intake manifold with stock TB. Where did you hear about the tps rewire? After all the searching I didn't see anything about that at all.

Thanks for the reply

#9 ·
Im almost 100% that the Stockbase IM WILL NOT Fit. The k24 has the Watercoolant bypass thats works with the IM made for the K24. Only way around is to get a special gakset that Hasport makes.

A rewire is needed if its a Type S Throttle Body because the Sensors are facing different ways.

#12 ·
My K24 is currently bolted to my RSX-S's stock exhaust manifold and exhaust piping. Barely clears stock sway bar. Was initially hearing some banging but not since replacing my passenger side engine mount. Must have tore itself apart when my K20A2 seized. Maybe it's aftermarket headers that are having problems?

Personally, I'd have picked up a Type-S engine harness and gotten the Type-S/EP3 intake manifold and throttle body. Wondering which head you have on the K24. Anyway, get the car running first any way you can. :D All that stuff I mentioned can be done later.

#14 ·
Interesting. I never knew the K20A3 IM wouldn't fit. Are you sure? Is it hood clearance issues or the AC line?

A nice clean alternative to rewiring the TPS (for Type S TB) is just to use the Type S engine harness I find. Also a nice side effect is that there's no extra wiring for the K20A3's IM (which is able to electronically control how the runners direct air).

I kinda want to sell my Type-S and get a Canadian base RSX. No sunroof, less sound deadening, less "stuff". Almost like a DC5 Type R without the nicer engine and drivetrain.

#15 ·
SO if your swapping a tsx into a Type S you have to rewire the TPS and get the CRV timing chain bracket? and thats it? Can you keep the A2 head and run stock ecu or do you have to KPRO it? Peace Nice work dude is the difference much more noticeable with the K24 bottom? :up:

#17 ·
You'll need K-Pro. You'll only be feeding your K24 enough fuel for a K20. Lean = bad.

There's other ways besides rewiring. You could swap sensors as well. But for the TPS, aren't you using the RSX-S throttlebody still?

I kept my K20A2 head for my TSX swap.

#20 ·
you can use a stock k20a3 im and tb, i have a k24a1 that i bought, just the block valve cover to oil pan, and i swapped every other piece from my A3 over, works fine, just had to mess with tuning when i had it installed. can't run the standard base map, it's very torquey low end since it's just a street tune but it runs fine. i have a DCRH and it hits the base sway bar or something down there all the time, especially from launch and coming to a complete stop, but still runs fine. don't have the money for a CRAZY asp or ssr header made for the k24 in the RSX.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.