Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanna do the swap.i have a few questions though.what axles should i use?what type of turbo can i use?i saw a pic of the swap in a crx and the engine sat pretty high up.do i have to get a new hood?lastly,what shift linkage is there to use?i got a 88 civic hb std with integra 5 speed.the car has had alittle work done to it(mainly stereo and suspension-by me).im going for the sleeper look.i was thinking instead of getting the regualr jdm k20,get a built k20.www.dh-racing.com has the k20a fully built(bored,honed,decked...).its about 8g for the engine and tranny.what do you guys think?thanks in advance.peace

p.s.-i got my car up on cardomain.my id is civichbdrivr88

·
Registered
7 Posts
gotta get a different hood or cut the hell outa yours and weld/fiberglass a hump on it for clearance.
Read more =) That part should be common knowledge. You know you're lookin at a $8,000 swap right?

·
Registered
7 Posts
All your questions would be answered in record time if you read some of the other posts here. Few threads down there is one about linkage.
I actually don't know that much but i found a killer deal on a K20a yesterday and now it actually looks like we're really going to do the swap so today, i'm posting here instead of Honda-Tech lol.

·
Registered
329 Posts
civicdrivr88 said:
i wanna do the swap.i have a few questions though.what axles should i use?what type of turbo can i use?i saw a pic of the swap in a crx and the engine sat pretty high up.do i have to get a new hood?lastly,what shift linkage is there to use?i got a 88 civic hb std with integra 5 speed.the car has had alittle work done to it(mainly stereo and suspension-by me).im going for the sleeper look.i was thinking instead of getting the regualr jdm k20,get a built k20.www.dh-racing.com has the k20a fully built(bored,honed,decked...).its about 8g for the engine and tranny.what do you guys think?thanks in advance.peace

p.s.-i got my car up on cardomain.my id is civichbdrivr88

You showed me that link and you made me want it.If its a full swap including harness and ecu im down to get it.Maybe thell give us a deal if we buy 2 at one time :cool: :up: Plus they have payment plans lol :up:

·
Registered
7 Posts
pffffft =) I can't tell you my sources.
Deals are out there, you have to know people or watch every classified ad to find em.

I dunno if you can make a K20 a sleeper.. especially considering you'll need a big ass hood lol.

·
Registered
285 Posts
nikozai said:
I dunno if you can make a K20 a sleeper.. especially considering you'll need a big ass hood lol.
just use a SiR hood(i think you have to modify the latch or use the SiR radiator support t-bar); may not be able to run the ITBs without cutting them though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.