Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
maybe some of you guys read my other post in the 92+ thread. well in that read i talked about my newest problem with the car, but i am trying to fully understand one problem and what could have caused it to occur.

the problem is no 5th gear, now as a background the car was on the roadcourse and it is believed that it wasnt taken into 5th all day long, but at the end of one session the speedo stoppped working at a cel popped on (cmp sensor no signal) anyways,

knowing that the car didnt even go into 5th (while i was driving it at least) i was very stumped that it wouldnt go into fifth at all, its not grinding or even tryin to go in, its just locked out, like when your parked and you try to put it into 5th or 6th.

so im looking through my helms manual trying to understand it but the tranny shit is way above me, but heres what i did notice is that if it was a shift fork problem wouldnt i have no 6th as well? so what would that leave? a synchro problem on the mainshaft? and besides that what is split up on the mainshaft and on the counter shaft?

sorry if these are lame questions im just reading shit right now and trying to learn as much as i can, which leads me to my next question..

is there any instance where the ecu will lock my out of a gear? kind of like reverse lockout? it just is odd to me because i never had anyproblems with 5th, and then all of a sudden it wasnt there... anyone?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

looking at this picture could it be the "dog teeth" that somehow ground off or something that wont allow 5th to engage at all? but if that was the case i would still hear grinding right?

·
Registered
797 Posts
this is very odd isnt it rob? i wouldnt think that the gear could be stripped, that would be very odd, especially of youve never ground it and its not a roughly shifted gear. the only time ive seen a fork bend it kept the gear stuck there, like it would not come OUT of 5th no locked out of 5th. good luck man and hopefully someone smart can help you

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no this is brand new, but thanx dude i drove the car up and down the street yesterday and i did notice now that the clutch feel is like ass, brand new disc and pressureplate in there and it alot more harsh than it used to be..

i need to read up on the diff, because if the vss is fine and im not getting any read from the speedo, maybe its something there....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.