Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just a quick FYI.. I searched this forum for "pinout" came up with 72 topics but none of them dealt with my issue.

So here it goes.

Car: 1998 Acura Integra CDM(if that makes a difference)

Components: Hyrbid Racing Conversion Harness

Problem: Step 8 states that I am to locate 3 wires from my OEM ECU wire connectors so that I can tap them to work with the Hyrbid Harness.

Well I need to find. Pin A16 grn/blu .. found it exactly where it was said to be. Pin A18 is also same place and same color they said it would be grn/orn

BUT now comes the issue. I need D16 .. according to my stock OBD2A Integra ECU I have a pinout in the D16 location. according to the OEM Harness however there is no Pin in the D16 location as well there is no wire. The instructions state the wire is Grn/Red so I looked up my Helms Manual and sure enough Pin D16 is Grn/Red ... too bad my car does not have this wire in that location.

I did however find a Grn/Red Wire but it was in the A block of the ECU connectors along with the first two wires I was able to locate without issue.

Can someone please tell me what wire I should be tapping as I am stuck right in the middle of this harness install and have run out of options.

Thanks for your time.

Edit: Just looked at my join date. Been around a long while and just now have gotten on my K20 swap.. good times!

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link. This confirmed what wire I am looking for but does not answer my question as to why this wire is not in my OE location?

For now I tapped the wire with the same color as described but it came out of the A block so I am unsure what this will amount to.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Don't bother with that it's the electrical load detector and we don't got it in Canada .. only in the states

:up:

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't bother with that it's the electrical load detector and we don't got it in Canada .. only in the states

:up:
Is this true?

I have been running my K20 for a couple seasons now and the only thing weird I noticed after I got it up and running was that my DRL's stopped working. Other then that the car and everything attached to it has worked as expected.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.