Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Couldn't tell you the answer to that one sorry bud. My guess would be that rsx ECU will run it but maybe not perfectly.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,266 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Quick question, what is the difference between crv k24 ecu and ep3 k20 ecu? I have the opportunity to buy a crv k24 5 speed ecu, would that work in the ep3?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Also would it be cheaper to buy a ck100 or sbb key programmer and just reprogram it my self? ( Around $100) or would the dealership be cheaper.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Went to Acura dealer today and they wanted $135 for the reprogramming, called Honda and they wanted around $60. I have an appointment next Wednesday so I will give an update then if it is working now.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
This sounds serious. Only vital functions of the engine call for a 3 krpm revv limiter. E.g. did you check for oil leakages and the oil stand?
Yeah oil related things seem ok, the cel is p1362. Took the crank sensor out cleaned it and put it back in, didn't help. Reopened the wiring to see if anything maybe cut open, no issues there. Everytime I think I am about to finish this car another problem appears.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,266 Posts
So is this actually the ecu? Why would it all of a sudden go into limp mode? So if I put in the new crv ecu and reprogram it, it should be fixed?
It is likely when you run from one sensor issue to another that the motherboard has an issue. Why should the crank sensor cause a MIL when the sensor and harness are ok? When it comes to hardware issues, many things can happen when e.g. a soldering of a pin let of, not all is based on reality as software issues also come into play.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
It is likely when you run from one sensor issue to another that the motherboard has an issue. Why should the crank sensor cause a MIL when the sensor and harness are ok? When it comes to hardware issues, many things can happen when e.g. a soldering of a pin let of, not all is based on reality as software issues also come into play.
I'll take it to a shop in a bit to reprogram it, I'll let you know what happens when I run it on the crv ecu.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Bad news, guy wasn't able to communicate with the crv ecu.... Guess I have to look for a ep3 ecu.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts