Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Jim from Team RockStar i recently sold my Type-S and wanted another rsx found one from a friend real cheap but needs motor i have a good k20a3 block and just found a k24a8 head complete with rockers cams and gears for 100 bucks not sure what id have to do as far as harness head gasket and timing chain i am a bodyman and own my own shop i paint cars and do the occassional b series swap the k series is the new thing for me please help thanks

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Man you sold your Type-S :wow: If it was me man, I wouldn't go with either one of the motors/blocks you are asking about. I haven't heard of a k24 head on a k20 block. I would either look into a k20a2 (type-s), k20a (type-r) or a k24a2/type-s (6sp tranny).

You could go with a k20a2 head with k24a1/a4/a8 block. Either of those blocks. That k20a3 is nothing like that k20a2 or the others I suggested. The k24a2 is from a tsx and is more related to the k20a2 and k20a. That k20a3 all motor wont provide you with what you are looking for trust me. It doesn't have the same head configurations like the ones I mentioned.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am just selling this in the spring just need a daily driver for winter i am most likely buying a s2k or types s in spring after selling this one getting that head for 100 bucks its all good ill buy it and slap it on ebay they go for almost a grand thanks 4 the info

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a k24a8 block needs rings all complete 300 bucks good deal ? guy said walls arent scored or nething its 3 hrs away just wondering thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got back from getting k24a8 motor came from a 2007 accord got the whole motor for 200 bucks guy is a big nissan fan and didnt know a thing bout honda acura too bad for him i have it sold for 1300 to a local mechanic

1 - 5 of 5 Posts