Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup K20~

Im at a crossroad with the decsision I am going to go with my car. I have a EG with a k20a. Right now its got the usual bolt ons and is tuned. My goal with my car is to have a reliable car that I can count on. Im thinking I want to run mid to low 12's. I like being able to drive my car to the local tracks both 1/8 mile and quarter mile. My dad has a chevelle and we both drive to the track with our slicks and a jack in the car and run.

I am torn with what I am going to do to my car at the begining of the year, but I think I have narrowed it down to three options.

-Comptech supercharger kit with some bigger injectors

-35R turbo kit with 8-10 pounds max boost and some bigger injectors

-2.4 built block with my stock 20a head or get Ti valves, retainers, springs and some stage 3 cams.

I know that the cheapest way would be the supercharger. I've never had a turbo car though and I would like to boost. Also, having a big power motor would be nice but I could see that being as expensive if not more than the turbo setup.

I think I would be able to install the charger and turbo kit myself. The built frank motor I would need to get help though. That could be a factor in my descision.

Your input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
G~

·
Registered
270 Posts
if 12's is your goal den you dont need a supercharger or a built 2.4. what bolt ons do you have on and what did your car dyno at?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car made 215 and 146 on a dynojet. I could hit 12's if I gutted my car but I like to leave it stock. Its a DX. I havent ran the 1/4 yet but I was running 8.3 and 1.8 60's on the 1/8 mile. I got 22's MTs with pic drag suspension.

Here is a pic of my sleeper.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I know I can hit high 12's with my current set up. I am still going to change it and I cant decide what to do!!! Give me some opinions!!!

·
Infinite levels to this..
25,373 Posts
we can't help you till you figure out what you want. you should be reading up on what you want. if you want mid 12s with your current setup then i suggest you get more seat time and save money. i prefer all motor but there's nothing wrong with turbo or supercharger. just depends on how wild you want to get. wilder usually equals to less life on the motor. pull the block and add a k24 if you want more power. im keepin the k20 cause i want to road race mine and power isn't everything in road racing.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The car made 215 and 146 on a dynojet. I could hit 12's if I gutted my car but I like to leave it stock. Its a DX. I havent ran the 1/4 yet but I was running 8.3 and 1.8 60's on the 1/8 mile. I got 22's MTs with pic drag suspension.

Here is a pic of my sleeper.

wat do u run in the quater??and wat parts do u have??clean car btw

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
He already posted that he hasn't run the 1/4 yet... But the car ran 8.3 in the 1/8 which should be good for a high 12 second pass.

Car looks clean and simple, what bolt-ons do you have?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
02-04 Euro R motor (this comes with a RBC stock)
Velocity Stack 3" intake
Usual fuel set up with aeromotive FPR, Pro series fuel rail
Rcrew V2
2.5" Kteller stainless no cat or resinators
2.5" Vibrant race
Kpro
Tuned on a dynojet by [email protected] doitdyno
02-04 Y2M3 tranny
Stock R clutch and flywheel

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will be getting a clutch and flywheel combo when I decide which path I am taking. My clutch works great and grabs good too.

I am running the quarter mile this weekend on a track that doesnt have the greatest prep. I hope to run high 12's. I will let you all know.

So far noone has told me what to do, only that I can hit 12's with my setup. I understand that I can but I am wanting more power. So give me suggestions please!!!

·
Premium Member
44,711 Posts
Seat of the pants, daily driver power, go with the K24 or JRSC.
For more top end, highway power, go with the turbo, or the new rotrex.
Or you can spray and have the best of both worlds, whenever you want it.

·
Registered
462 Posts
a gt3582r, 1000cc injectors ,and a tune will put you at 400ish to the wheels if you have a good tuner. that will b good for an 11 sec pass. i'm a boost baby so i say turbo. but you can run a built k24 with mild cams and bust low low 12s all day.

turbo= fast power + lots of money (fullrace kit or equal)
built k24= less traction cause of tq + lots of money (erl sleeved block)
you can still run nitrous on this too!
supercharger= 300ish whp + 12 sec 1/4 eh...:down:

like everyone else said, you can only decide what you wanna do. G/L:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts