Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLEASE FOR ALL YOU A-HOLES OUT THERE ON THIS FOURM DONT REPLY ANYTHING IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY OR ANY INPUT OUT ON THIS BECAUSE I NEED HELP AND IVE TRIED LOOKING ON THE FOURMS BUT PEOPLE JUST DONT HAVE WRITE UPS ON HOOKING UP FUEL LINES...
IF YOU HAVE THE TIME TO POST SOMETHING STUPID THEN YOU HAVE THE TIME TO ANSWER MY QUESTIONS... I DONT NEED RUDE COMMENTS THANK YOU.

so ive ran into numerous problems with this k20a3. well for one i dont know where all the fuel lines go very nooby. i know that the fuel pump goes to the fuel pressure regulator to the fuel rail and then the other 2 lines i just dont know where they go... one is for the emission tank and the other one is for the return fuel. but yet i dont know where they're supposed to go. yet again nooby stuff.. there are 2 lines in the back of the k20 do those lead to the coolant for inside the car.?

another question is how can i refill the tranny fluid on the k20.... ( dont say that it doesnt need to be changed because there is non in there...)

If you need pictures to what im talking about just ask and i can post some up

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
Post up some pics we were all new at this one time but pictures would help us to help you. As we would know which fitting , hoses ,ect... your talking about and where they need to go. Also do you still have the stock hard lines (fuel) in the car they are located down under the brake master cyl on the drivers side and run under the car back to the fuel tank on the drivers side of the car

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much i kept asking around this forum and people kept telling me to look it up but i just cant find it... i will post up pictures asap tomorrow morning.:)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually have a question can I lead the fuel pump to one side of the fuel rail then the other side into the fuel pressure regulator. Then the return fuel on the bottom of the fpr and then the emissions tank to the fpr?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry for the millions of posts im nooby onforum stuffs and i cant get all my pictures up... theres five of them in imageshack

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
here is a shot of my bay when I was n/a you can see how the fuel set up is run i have more pics and am gonna see if I have any other to help ya out

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that is a very clean engine bay i wish i had enough time and money to make it look clean but ive been out of a car for 6 months :/. i was wondering what the part is called connected to the an line and the fuel pump its the black tip on the an line with the hole and what bolt you used because im making my own AN lines

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
As far as trans I would make sure all the old fluid is out by removing the lower drain plug and then run either Honda mtf or Amsoil synchromesh works very well for me. I fill mine thru the fill plug in the side of the trans you have to remove the large plug on the drivers side its like a 17 mm and top it off til it runs out .I use a small hand pump to do its kinda in a tight spot and a little difficult to get to .

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah i did a little bit of research on the tranny fluid. but how many quarts should i use. some people say 2-3 quarts or till it comes out of the top plug.

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
that is a very clean engine bay i wish i had enough time and money to make it look clean but ive been out of a car for 6 months :/. i was wondering what the part is called connected to the an line and the fuel pump its the black tip on the an line with the hole and what bolt you used because im making my own AN lines
lol thats when it was n/a i wish i had enogh brains to have stayed n/a hahaha as far as the -AN fitting its a special fitting I think I got from jegs or summit and thats the stock fuel filter it runs to the fuel pump is mounted in the gas tank on a stock honda

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OOO i have another question how did you extend the battery power line and fuse connectors because mine runs short like an rsx because the rsx battery is on the rightside where the light is located

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
like idk what the fitting is for the fuel filter from the an lines because i was planning to go to napa tomorrow to get the supplies and make them D:

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
yeah i did a little bit of research on the tranny fluid. but how many quarts should i use. some people say 2-3 quarts or till it comes out of the top plug.
I think it calls for 1.7 or 1.8 quarts if I am not mistaken however I have always filled all my transmissions til it just runs out the top fill hole and have never had any issues .I cant see how or why you would pull the speed sensor its a huge pain in the ass to get to compared to the fill plugs as it sits right under the rear mount

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
OOO i have another question how did you extend the battery power line and fuse connectors because mine runs short like an rsx because the rsx battery is on the rightside where the light is located
You just extend it with connectors designed for battery cable or you might be able to find something at a radio shack that you could use as well to extend it

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok so the an line for the return fuel is it possible if i just use a hose? because it would initially do the same as it would with a an line. plus when it was stock you had to cut it out anyways would that work? or could that be possibly dangerous?

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
ok so the an line for the return fuel is it possible if i just use a hose? because it would initially do the same as it would with a an line. plus when it was stock you had to cut it out anyways would that work? or could that be possibly dangerous?
for the return I would just use the stock return metal hard line. I have seen guys use a -AN fitting on the bottom of the frp then just shove the other end of the AN hose onto the stock metal return line and clamp the hell outta it but its not my way of doin things but thats just me

1 - 20 of 21 Posts