Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed many headers before but never on a k swapped car.
I figured it would be just about the same as installing a header on my rsx.

I have a r crew header and I cant fit it in the car from the bottom or the top.
Is there a method or something I should do. Im limited to jackstands and get the car about 20 inches off the ground.

thank you.
Tyler.

·
Registered
325 Posts
If you have an R-Crew header, dissasemble the header into two sections. The top section, you can go from the bottom up, much easier. The bottom section, install it when u get the top section bolted on. Once you have fitted back the two pieces, don't forget to put the springs back on :silly:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have an R-Crew header, dissasemble the header into two sections. The top section, you can go from the bottom up, much easier. The bottom section, install it when u get the top section bolted on. Once you have fitted back the two pieces, don't forget to put the springs back on :silly:
I was going to try that but i heard if you disassemble the r crew and put it back together that I'll have leaks. :x

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
LOL... I actually had a nightmare last night about this... Went to install my RCrew header and the piping would point upwards like a trucker exhaust.. and we were tryna figure out how to get it to the piping under my car. Stressful dream!!

I would think u figured it out by now...

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well usually when a header comes shipped in one piece you can put it on in one piece.
makes sense.

i think the trucker exhaust would be cool so bring on the ****ed up pipes.

·
Registered
325 Posts
The only way you would get leak if you did not install the spring clamps. It is a slipfit header and when you get the car to heat up, the metal will expand and seal up so there will be no leaks. You may get leak when the exhaust system has cooled down and metal contract. I will test to see if it will be a problem of mine since I have taken the pieces apart.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only way you would get leak if you did not install the spring clamps. It is a slipfit header and when you get the car to heat up, the metal will expand and seal up so there will be no leaks. You may get leak when the exhaust system has cooled down and metal contract. I will test to see if it will be a problem of mine since I have taken the pieces apart.

I tried like hell to take them springs off today.
I failed.
so i tried to undo the mid shaft.
I failed again.

I have made no progress.

I undid the 3 bolts on the back of the block that hold the shaft. . . got the shaft most of the way out but couldnt get it to come all the way out.
Im most likely forgetting something but i gave up . . then ****ed up a bolt putting it back in. crossthreaded.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I tried like hell to take them springs off today.
I failed.
so i tried to undo the mid shaft.
I failed again.

I have made no progress.

I undid the 3 bolts on the back of the block that hold the shaft. . . got the shaft most of the way out but couldnt get it to come all the way out.
Im most likely forgetting something but i gave up . . then ****ed up a bolt putting it back in. crossthreaded.
uh k....when you want to take off the springs, you want to use a channel lock and make sure you have a good grip, also grip as close as possible at the end of the hook...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts