Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

Help!!! Dtc P0335

24K views 55 replies 11 participants last post by  Them Witches 
#1 ·
Help!!!CEL CRK sensor no signal

Hey im getting code P0335 CRK sensor no signal.I cant rev past 3k rpms.Tried replacing the crank sensor and still getting it.Car idles fine.Its a 93 EG with 03 K20a2.Hybrid harness.Please help me out.

#7 ·
Not the wiring checked it ran before never changed anything.Im getting 5 volts at the signal wire and 12v at the other 2 wires.Only thing that got messed with was when someone told me to change the crank sensor for the cam sensor becasue my car wasnt starting.Well i noticed the sensors were different and then i put them back in,thats when and only when i got the code for crankshaft position sensor no signal.Well my car still starts but only revs to 3k.I never messed with the harness only the sensors.

#19 ·
OK, so the two TDC sensors are fine and are the originals, they can't be mixed up because they are the exactly the same sensor. As for the crank sensor you def have either a wiring (you say its fine) or sensor issue (you tried a used one... hmmm) If you have a friend with a K20A2 engine try your sensor in his car. If he gets a code for it you'll need a new sensor. If his engine works fine with no CEL, you know your problem is wiring/electrical related. That would be my next step...

#24 ·
This is with the wire side of the plug facing us:

Blue / Brown / Yel/Blk

Signal / Ground / Power

to ecu / to V/C / to power junction

Only time you should have twelve volts in the other two pins is when the engine is running and the CKP plugged in . If you have the CKP unplugged you better have ground in the center pin.

#30 ·
You tested the wiring per helms like I had mentioned in the other thread right? Everything is tested with the ignition on, but the engine not running.

- Measure voltage between a body ground and the yel/blk wire, you should have battery voltage
- Measure voltage between a body ground and the blue wire and you should have 5V
- Measure voltage between the brn/yel wire and the yel/blk wire and you should have battery voltage.

You should only have 12V at the yel/blk wire when you connect to a ground with the ignition on. You should have continuity if you connect the brn/yel to a ground, but no voltage.

Like Mike mentioned yel/blk is power, brn/yel is ground, and blu is signal.

#31 ·
You tested the wiring per helms like I had mentioned in the other thread right? Everything is tested with the ignition on, but the engine not running.

- Measure voltage between a body ground and the yel/blk wire, you should have battery voltageIve got that
- Measure voltage between a body ground and the blue wire and you should have 5VIve got that
- Measure voltage between the brn/yel wire and the yel/blk wire and you should have battery voltage.Ive got that

You should only have 12V at the yel/blk wire when you connect to a ground with the ignition on. You should have continuity if you connect the brn/yel to a ground, but no voltage.

Like Mike mentioned yel/blk is power, brn/yel is ground, and blu is signal.
I havent check for continuity at the brn/yel wire yet.

#37 ·
Yes anything that has continuity should be around that. I would probably go from a body ground instead of the valve cover ground to the brn/yel wire. If you set your multimeter or whatever your using to measure ohms it should show an infinite number and when you connect to the ground and the brn/yel wire you should get some reading on the multimeter. Should be the same as if you were to touch the two leads together minus the wire resistance.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.