Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im swapping a k20 R motor into my ek..swap and wiring was done..tried to start the car up but wont. the car will crank. my ek was an auto before. so thinking that swapping the dash harness to a manual would work. after swappaing the manual dash harness tried to start it up but still wont. btw the fuel pump will only prime if u hard wire it even before swapping dash harness. swapped a new engine harness and tried to start up the car and the problem is still there. the kpro isnt getting power. im running the hybrind racing pnp harness updated. what could this problem be? please help or any suggestions would help.

·
Registered
325 Posts
ive had a similar issue too, it turns out it was my wirings, bad map sensor, and the TPS sensor. the map and tps sensor was fried due to wrong plugs, i had them switched.

Kpro not being on means you have a bad connections somewhere. also make sure you have enough grounds

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i was thinking about the grounds since the car got panted..also could it be the coil packs went bad?

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Does the Kpro read Ignition on / Online in the lower right hand corner?

Have you checked for spark? Fuel? How do you have your fuel lines connected to your Fuel pressure regulator? Any pics of the engine bat?

:up:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does the Kpro read Ignition on / Online in the lower right hand corner?

Have you checked for spark? Fuel? How do you have your fuel lines connected to your Fuel pressure regulator? Any pics of the engine bat?

the kpro light does not light up..we swapped my kpro to my buddys car and it lit up. I had the first gen hybrid racing pnp but bought a new one thats up dated thinking that it would work. the first time i tried before i started swapping out harnesses and the updated pnp harness there was no spark.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In to hear some results as im having issues starting.

Are you getting pressure on your fuel gauge?
at first i didnt but after cutting the fittings and hard wiring the fuel pump it does now. it seems like its all linked to the same problem..

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
the kpro light does not light up..we swapped my kpro to my buddys car and it lit up. I had the first gen hybrid racing pnp but bought a new one thats up dated thinking that it would work. the first time i tried before i started swapping out harnesses and the updated pnp harness there was no spark.
So the Kpro cranked your buddies car?

Did you remove any wiring under the dash or tuck your fuse box?

Do you currently have spark?

All of the harnesses are checked and tested and if you were having similar problems with the first harness and now with this harness I can almost guarantee the problem is not there.

The reason you would not have fuel without connecting it to 12v is because the ECU controls the fuel pump kicking on. So it makes sense that you did not have pressure before. I would hook it back up like it was as fuel and fuel pressure are not your problem.

What year engine harness are you using? Do you tuck it or modify it at all? Do you have access to another one?.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So the Kpro cranked your buddies car?

Did you remove any wiring under the dash or tuck your fuse box?

Do you currently have spark?

All of the harnesses are checked and tested and if you were having similar problems with the first harness and now with this harness I can almost guarantee the problem is not there.

The reason you would not have fuel without connecting it to 12v is because the ECU controls the fuel pump kicking on. So it makes sense that you did not have pressure before. I would hook it back up like it was as fuel and fuel pressure are not your problem.

What year engine harness are you using? Do you tuck it or modify it at all? Do you have access to another one?.

yea it started up my buddies car with no problem
i havent checked to see if i have spark right now. But i kno before i didnt.
Im using a 02-04 type-s harness and this is a brand new one. the old engine harness was modded/tucked.

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Hmm... OK so its not the charge harness if it turns over..

If the Kpro cranks the other guys car I think its safe to say its not that.

As for the dash harness that you swapped in what year was it from?

Did you check for spark? I would also check for 12v and ground at the coil packs and see what's going on there.

Any codes? Any new info?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts