Ok here's my setup

basically its a k24/k20 9.1 compression
venom intake manifold
bdl 74mm tb
injector dynamics 1000cc injectors
brian crower stage 2 n/a cams
t4 gt40r
dual tail 44mm wastegates

the problem im having is getting it to idle. the motor cranks but i have to keep my foot on the gas to get it to stay running. No check engine lights other than idle air control valve.

should i just need to add more fuel to compensate for the the big intake manifold and tb or could it be something else?

if anybody has any ideas just let me know. thanks ~ Matt

·
treblictuned
1,420 Posts
disable the idle control error... whats the afr at idle? you probably just need to adjust the allen screw on the TB so the car will idle.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
don't they have too much overlap for a forced induction setup?

·
Premium Member
26,614 Posts
What is your Fuel Pressure reading?

·
Registered
484 Posts
don't they have too much overlap for a forced induction setup?
No if a turbo setup is efficient then its just like an all motor setup. They are fine.

What are you using kpro? There is fuel trim go drastically up with the fuel trim amount and see what it does. And also what is your afr?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Sounds like something a bad map sensor or map sensor settings would do. That would be my first guess, next I would look at the throttle body

·
Registered
484 Posts
If the car is at 17-18 afr then your lean, and sometimes that lean and with the size of the injectors they have a hard time pulsing fast and staying open shortly therefore the car wont idle.

·
Premium Member
26,614 Posts
map sensor is aem 3.5 bar and its on the bottom of the manifold
I would relocate this if I were you.. Not sure if it is such a good idea to attach directly to the manifold. Too much vibration
fuel pressure is around 44.
Oh ok... I had the same problem but it was because mine was too high.. Your's seems fine.... Hmmmmm

·
Premium Member
26,614 Posts
Have you tried to activate the IAC valve in Kpro and adjust the idle in there?

·
Premium Member
26,614 Posts
im not using a stock tb, im using a bdl. there is no iac valve so idk if that will do anything. How do you disable the iac so the error code doesn't pop up?
Through the Kpro.....
Parameteres
Idle
Disable Idle Air Control Valve.... Check that box

·
Premium Member
26,614 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Not sure what you mean by that... You can save that setting so that anytime you upload it if you ever change it, you wont have to worry about it again..
I think he was referring to the Map sensor, lol.

I used a tap in the intake manifold in which I placed a barbed fitting which I ran a vac line to the map sensor which I mounted under the radiator support.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.