Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Ok, lets say you bought a car, and parked it on your buddy's lawn, an EP3 with k20a2 built to be exact.

And you kept the car in gear and it was locked. Well you go over there and the car was moved ~30-50 feet. It was dragged by a truck on grass. Well, it was in gear. So, what, if anything, would be messed up in the transmission. I am replacing the open diff with a lsd when I swap it out.
So, Do you think anything is ruined inside the trans? Or Probably don't need to worry about it.

Please help. :confused:

·
Went to the Dark Side
5,173 Posts
as long as the wheels didnt start spinin you should be fine

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, that's the thing, I don't know if they spun, I was not there. I got there and thought the car was stolen but then saw it was moved. Now, what If they spun.. What is bad?

·
Went to the Dark Side
5,173 Posts
well if they spun the gear you had it in is possably stripped or there are teeth missin on the gear either way you need to see if itll move onder its own power and if the rear itself grinds or is jumpy in any way. if thats the case you need to have the gear replaced

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
only way to know is to start it up and see if anyhting got damaged

·
Went to the Dark Side
5,173 Posts
then your gunna have to pull apat the tranny and look

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I am to put in the Qauife LSD. I was just trying to find out what part(s) would be damaged inside.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts