Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 2003 ep3 with the base k20a3 engine in it. I was wanting to buy a
K20a from ebay and it comes with the transmission and everything. First question is do I really need the 6 speed transmission or can I just buy the engine and put that in my car?
Another question, is putting the K20a from a Dc5 the thing I should do for the money to get alot of power? Or is there something I can do to my base engine like use the K24 head and get the same amount of power for less money?
And if I do go with the K20a from a Dc5 will the transmission and engine bolt up exactly? is there anything special i need to do to anything or just use the ecu that came with it? Any help would be great im new to swaping.

·
Registered
39,473 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :up:

1. U don't NEED the 6 speed transmission but I would certainly recommend it.

2. U want the k20a or the k20a2 and yes they r worth the money. Instead of buying it from ebay (unless it is a reputable dealer who has sold motors before with feedback) I would suggest u either look for a longblock (the engine, no transmission) here on the forums (again, make sure u buy from a reputable seller) and buy that or u can contact engine distributors/sellers like hmotorsonline and gurantee receiving a clean motor. Forget about the k20a3. ;)

3. Your ep3 stock transmission and the k20a/k20a2 6 speed transmission BOTH will bolt up to ur new k20a/k20a2 longblock. I recommend sending in ur ecu whether PRB (k20a2) or PRC (k20a) to a hondata dealer to get Kpro'd. K pro is a must, eventually, to unleash the power. GL!!! :up::up:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks for the info, so after the swap i can still run it with the K20a ecu until i get enough money for a Kpro right?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts