Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im about to try to perform a RSX swap with a 2001 Civic sedan. I was told something about if it isn't a K series civic that the swap couldn't be done. New York doesn't have knowledgeable mechanics , on top of that , they either frustrate you into not doing or just not saying they don't know. I need help in completing this project. Its a RSX base engine with the Automatic and the Manual shifter. Question is can the tranny function the same why as if were in the Base Rsx? Someone that can do it and warrenty it. Also I need to locate these parts. If you can help me I will really appreciate it. Thank you

P.S. Can I also add a turbo to the engine with the automatic? If so , give me some sites that sell the turbos and the prices.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm trying to be unique. besides, i dont know anyone that can drive a manual in case it needs to be driven

·
Registered
22 Posts
2 shops in ny have done k20 swap in civics. DRT racing in queens swapped a k20a ina 01 coupe. And ripp modified in staten island swapped my a2 into my 01 civic coupe. Go to car-parts.com when searching for parts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just checked and I dont see anything for the rsx. And do you have a contact number so i can see the work these people do?

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Honda's are not muscle cars we dont power shift automatic's to race.

You want performance get a Manual Transmission Trust me you will like it.

K20'a fit into new civic's dont listen to what some shops say's

here look it up at hasport http://www.hasport.com You have any more questions about your swap you dont understand ask here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like I said earlier. I dont know anyone who drives stick thats why im asking for the automatic. Im just trying to find out if it can be done and who will do it and at what cost. Locating the parts seem to be tough.
But thank you for answering my question.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Your better off slapping an intake and exhaust, its a waste of money just to get 160 crank horse power by swaping another motor.

Learn how to drive a manual transmision, no one taught me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
u prob know the idea of it like push the clutch in hit the gear let go of the clutch slowly and give it a little gas as long as u know that just find a big parking lot or a rhode with now traffic and learn. thats how i learned its not that hard

1 - 9 of 9 Posts