Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, tryin to finish a k24 build and i need to know about the 09 TSX head. Is this the same as the k20a2 (type-s) head? the head is stamped "R40-3" but looks as though only vtec lobes on the intake side. Also has a weird ass exhaust 4 bolt casting going on. Help me ID this head. k24a2??? same as type -s? single side vtec?? let me know thanks, serached for "r40-3" no results.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Re: HELP! 09 TSX head

got any pics of this head?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

No i dont but i can describe it to you: Has the classic 3 lobe camshaft on intake side looks identical to k20a2 cam. However on the exhaust side has only one lobe i belive and looks very similar to a standard CRV shaft. The rockers on the Intake side look just like those from the K20a2, but on the exhaust side they are just like the ones from the CRV. Ill see if i can get pics but the guy told me it came off a 2009 TSX. I was under the impression that all TSX motors had VTEC on both intake and exhaust sides.

·
trial user
12,673 Posts

There was a thread on the new TSX head. They said that it had one large exhaust port instead of the usual four holer head. That in itself spells "plague".

·
trial user
12,673 Posts

You can't really see the backside to well on this diagram but there is a double peaked thing looming ova' a 'lil that you can see that isn't there on other K heads. Looks like a big exhaust port to my untrained eye.

Here is your usual K24a2 head.

·
Banned
1,180 Posts
but putting the 09 TSX pistons in the k24a1/K20 should be fine right????

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I wouldnt, they appear to have the same design as the K24A4 with the horn projections on them. Just get the 08' TSX pistons or aftermarket.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts